January 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't know why the ticker isn't showing the two miles... it is on the website.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 -- Okay, I made some adjustments to January if you want to take a look. I figure if we get Jan like you want, then it is easy to copy to additional tabs for the other months. You could also lock down/protect the calculated cells from being edited, but I didn't do that since it is your sheet. :smile:
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for January

1/1 REST DAY <<< traveling back from FL
    1/2 6.2 miles - 6.2
    1/3 REST DAY

exercise.png

Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon - 4/7/18

I was going to run this afternoon (even had my gym bag sitting next to me the entire day) but my glutes are screaming at me. So another rest day I will take.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    @Elise4270 -- Okay, I made some adjustments to January if you want to take a look. I figure if we get Jan like you want, then it is easy to copy to additional tabs for the other months. You could also lock down/protect the calculated cells from being edited, but I didn't do that since it is your sheet. :smile:

It's everyone's sheet. Knock it out :wink:
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    In addition to the running map art, I also found this to create a look back at all 2017 Strava activities:
    http://2017.strava.com/

It takes all (public) Strava activities and creates a ~1 minute video from it.
    Here's mine: https://2017.strava.com/en-gb/videos/6de76b23917cdc5fc3abd3235b51b520b17cf417/

Here's mine....

https://2017.strava.com/en-us/videos/86383afa38cb3f2026844ff022ef9076af580363/
  • Stoshew71
    Options
  • eponine1984
    eponine1984 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My toddler is working on his 14th tooth and he's less than 15 months old. This is pretty early for him to have all these teeth - my husband and I joke he'll be the only two year old with wisdom teeth. So he didn't have a great nights sleep last night, which meant I didn't have a great nights sleep. (Huge shoutout to my mom for taking him in the middle of the night when I'd gotten 34 minutes of sleep. For some reason, she likes when we visit and sleep over, even if it means she gets a 4am visit from a tiny tyrant).

My half marathon training plan calls for 2 mile run or cross training. I don't really run outside, I'm too exhausted to drive to the gym to treadmill there, so cross training it is. Laying in bed watching Netflix is cross training, right?
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I just read on Facebook that if you put your used hand warmer in a ziplock and remove the air they will reactive the next time you use them for up to three uses! Not sure if it’s true.
  • ddmm2013
    ddmm2013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    01/01/18 :::: 4.5 :::: 4.5
    01/02/18 :::: 0.0 :::: 4.5
    01/03/18 :::: 2.5 :::: 7.0

Decided to do a short run on the treadmill and then go to power vinyasa hot yoga. Not the greatest decision, I felt really light-headed and had to bag out on some parts of the yoga. Much tougher after the easy run than I expected. Probably not enough water or food on board either. Lesson learned for next time. I still have 6 sessions of this hot yoga studio left and I've kind of decided I don't really love it. I want my yoga to be more relaxing and less *kitten*-kicking. If I did it more maybe it wouldn't be, but I don't have time to commit to that and running.

9 days until I leave for Key West! One more sub-zero long run to get through first...

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn there was zero wind so it was very nice.
    @HonuNui I agree with Shanaber the poem was lovely
    @Sarahthes Ugh on the washer. Luckily I did laundry the day before so I’m all caught up. Skip was doing a small load of something she wanted to wear.
    @Shanaber hi Hobbs!! How is he feeling?
    @PastorVincent your running looks like shorthand
    @_nikkiwolf_ that is so cool
    @katharmonic the way the weather has been let’s hope you don’t have snow in Key West ha ha
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - 7.77K
    Jan 2 - 2.18K
    Jan 3 - 6.24K

Today's run was on the treadmill.

January total: 16.19K/100K
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Decided to do a short run on the treadmill and then go to power vinyasa hot yoga. Not the greatest decision, I felt really light-headed and had to bag out on some parts of the yoga. Much tougher after the easy run than I expected. Probably not enough water or food on board either. Lesson learned for next time. I still have 6 sessions of this hot yoga studio left and I've kind of decided I don't really love it. I want my yoga to be more relaxing and less *kitten*-kicking. If I did it more maybe it wouldn't be, but I don't have time to commit to that and running.

@katharmonic I usually do yoga once a week but i refuse to do HOT yoga. Ugh. I just don't understand the appeal. Everything is harder and more uncomfortable when I am sweating my butt off. I get enough of that with running. I usually stick to a moderately paced Hatha or Vinyasa class - taught in a comfortable temp.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'm really boring

fmw7jxdf48r7.jpg
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I agree with @MobyCarp- big cross training :/

So me and @MNLittleFinn we're talking about Canadian Death Race and think we should totally put together an MFP Challenge Relay Team for 2019 or later. Anyone want to play with us? @PastorVincent? @7lenny? @juliet3455? Buellar?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: Rest day
    Jan 2: Strength training and rowing
    Jan 3: 5k

First run of the year! Still not used to running in below freezing temperatures - I didn't feel that cold after the first mile but I'm soooo slowww.... I can't tell if it's the cold taking it out of me or if I'm just tired from lifting yesterday.

I think it counts as some sort of victory that I really missed running and couldn't wait for it to be a running day!

exercise.png
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm really boring

fmw7jxdf48r7.jpg

I don't think yours is boring, it looks like pictograms in some ancient language!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

What a beautiful picture! I <3 Hobbes.

Stella seems to be quite depressed with the cold weather that we have been having. She absolutely loves her walks, but I have been limiting them to 15 minutes because I know it's not the best thing for her with the sub-zero temps we have had every morning this week. And she is not all that interested in going out in the yard when it's this cold, so I have been trying to play with her as much as possible in the house, as she is a very high energy dog. She has this Kong tug toy that is her favorite, but she is incredibly strong, and it is all I can do to play with her for 5 minutes. So last night I designed a work out for myself that includes her and her tug toy. I hold the tug toy in alternating hands and do squats, lunges and step ups and pull her along. She loves every minute of it and I am getting in a workout in the meantime. Yesterday I logged it as " Functional Training with Stella" because after 20 minutes I was sweaty and spent!

@lporter229 - Thanks!
    Love the 'functional Training with Stella' :) You might also try some mind games with her... when the fires and winds were so bad we did hide and seek in the house. Hobbes would have to stay in his bed and I would hide a few treats and then he would be off hunting for them... we started small (in one room) but as it got easy I expanded to other locations around the house. You can check out these sites for more ideas too:
    https://positively.com/contributors/10-simple-and-fun-indoor-games-for-your-dog/

https://www.puppyleaks.com/easy-ways-to-keep-your-dog-busy-indoors/

https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/7-rainy-day-games-to-play-with-your-dog