Do you pump your own?

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Well ... I feel bad for the people who are old and have a hard time just getting out of the car , clearly they didn't think this clearly . Umm I smell a lawsuit

My God how do the old people in the other 48 states do it?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    and I thought you meant breast milk..............................
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I have always pumped my own gas but I admit that in the winter time, when it's brutal cold, I will go to a full service station and pay more per gallon so I don't have to do it. lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Also, that's what the gloves they provide are for, so your hands don't smell like it.

Wait, they provide gloves??
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Well ... I feel bad for the people who are old and have a hard time just getting out of the car , clearly they didn't think this clearly . Umm I smell a lawsuit

A lawsuit for what?

For no one to pump there gas

There are a number of things that the frail elderly can't do for themselves. Gas station owners aren't under any obligation to do it for them. That's what caretakers are for.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I went to college in a small town that still had ONE full-service station. The gas there was noticeably more expensive, but all the older ladies in their Cadillacs and Buicks went there. It was kind of cute.

But yes, I've always pumped my own gas.

• eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    and I thought you meant breast milk..............................

What kind of bees make milk?

Boo bees
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Also, that's what the gloves they provide are for, so your hands don't smell like it.

They provide gloves where you are?
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I live in NJ where they pump it for us just like in Oregon -- and the gas is cheaper in our state than the neighboring states.... figure that one out!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Where is this? Does every customer get a fresh pair? Do they recycle them?
  • rlaramee2
    rlaramee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Where I live in Canada maybe 1 out of 10 stations will pump for you. If you can't pump your own gas you should just take public transit.
  • rlaramee2
    rlaramee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Also "smell like gasoline all day"? Do Oregonian's not realize the gas goes IN the gas tank, not on your clothes?
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I’m fully capable of pumping my own but I’d much rather have somebody else do it for me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    I’m fully capable of pumping my own but I’d much rather have somebody else do it for me.

Honestly, I would to. When I started driving (many moons ago) there were no self-service stations. I liked it.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    rlaramee2 wrote: »
    Also "smell like gasoline all day"? Do Oregonian's not realize the gas goes IN the gas tank, not on your clothes?

Some people just can't hold their hose properly

Some people just have a nozzle and no hose

Not that I know or anything
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I've pumped my own since my adolescent years (my mom would have us do it once in a while when we were younger). There was one gas station that had an attendant where I used to live, and I tried to go there in the winter months when I could, but it was usually too out of the way. One time as a young teen, I was visiting family with my mom in the philly area, and she took a wrong turn and got us lost. She stopped to get gas and got yelled at for trying to pump it. She didn't realize she had driven into New Jersey, and that's when I learned that there are people in this world that can drive but not pump gas. That concept boggled me.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    I couldn't trust someone else to shake that hose and make sure to get those last drops of compressed dinosaur in the tank.