Started jogging --- and no weight loss

I discovered my metabolism is a bit low -- I did a metabolic resting test and found it was at 1,300 calories. Which is a bit low for me (163lbs). But I haven't been able to drop weight for six months, not a pound will come off. I weigh my food and vegetables are my co-pilot.
She suggested I start doing some intense exercise and weight training. Done and done.
I began exercising more religiously (3-4 times a week) last week, continue with tracking my calories and all that jazz.
I gained a pound or so. At this point I am about to tear out my hair. I am doing everything correctly and no matter what happens, nothing comes off.
Anyway... my question is how soon after starting a new exercise regime do you usually see results?

Replies

• ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Since you weigh all your food, how many calories are you averaging per week? You can go to the nutrition tab on the app, look at calories, and set it to week view.

With a resting metabolic rate of 1,300, consistent exercise is very important. You mention jogging and weight lifting. You said done and done for weight lifting. Can you post your routine and how long/how many days you work out? You just started jogging last week right?

What is your goal weight and height?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    It's water weight from adding the exercise most likely.

this

how are you estimating calories burned and are you eating them back?

• Seattlegirl25
    Seattlegirl25 Posts: 13 Member
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    Since you weigh all your food, how many calories are you averaging per week? You can go to the nutrition tab on the app, look at calories, and set it to week view.

With a resting metabolic rate of 1,300, consistent exercise is very important. You mention jogging and weight lifting. You said done and done for weight lifting. Can you post your routine and how long/how many days you work out? You just started jogging last week right?

What is your goal weight and height?

I just realized I am using a different account then usual to post this. Welppp.

Goal weight is 145lbs. Height is 5 foot 3.

I am doing squats (up to 40), push-ups (30) and sit ups (30). This beginning from 0. I jog for 10-20 minutes then walk an additional 30 at a 3.5mph pace. I track distance jogged with time.

• Seattlegirl25
    jflongo wrote: »
    I'm curious, are you drinking alcohol at all? Are you making sure you are drinking plenty of water? Are you making sure you stop eating before 7PM?

Have you tried exercising in the morning on an empty stomach? Just curious on all of these.

Also, are you mixing things up a little, like running / biking / etc?

I got crazy and drank 3.5 ounces of red wine last night. If I excerise on an empty belly I get REALLY dizzy. Because of my work schedule, my work hours are nutty. I try to finish consuming food before 9pm at the latest. I usually end up jogging in the evenings.
  • Seattlegirl25
    jflongo wrote: »
    I'm curious, are you drinking alcohol at all? Are you making sure you are drinking plenty of water? Are you making sure you stop eating before 7PM?

Have you tried exercising in the morning on an empty stomach? Just curious on all of these.

Also, are you mixing things up a little, like running / biking / etc?

Ignore this. You can drink alcohol, though it may cause a little weight retention via water. You can eat any time you want. Your body can't tell time and doesn't stop functioning at a certain time.

Thank you.

I am not drinking down a bottle of wine per night. At the most I have about 4-8 ounces a few times a week. And it is worked into my calories.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    edited January 2018
    It most likely is water retention but if you still don't see any change after a few more weeks you might wanna take a look at your logging.
    What rate of loss are you trying to do? 1/2 lb, 1lb, 2lbs? With 1300 BMR you're not gonna have a lot of wiggle room to be inaccurate, not saying that you are, but it's important to have consistent and correct logging or your weight loss will continue to stall.
    If you want you can open your diary so people can see if maybe you're missing something.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    How long have you been tracking calories?