Has anyone seen what the health on Netflix?

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Is this the one where they're like pan frying cigarettes or something and equating that with eating a steak? Laughable...

Yes.
  • jamrow35
    jamrow35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's the nice thing about being as rural as I am since I know most of the farmers around here as well as many of the dairy and chicken house owners. Even a few cattle ranches. Some I trust, others I know way too well to even think about it. The remainder of the food I buy at stores I would hope is fit for consumption but that's a risk you take for loving bananas. lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like the other "health" related documentaries on Netflix, I'm sure it's garbage.

Nature documentaries, ftw. Especially if they are narrated by David Attenborough.

Hi! So nice to see you! I have to admit David Attenborough saying tentacles makes me giggle like a school girl. Every. Single. Time.

As for What the Health, I tried watching it, but it was so OTT drama llama that I couldn't make it through more than the first 15 minutes. I have no doubt that some of the message is on point, but much of it is lost in scare tactics that are extended beyond what is currently supported by studies.

I agree with @lemurcat12 that a balanced discussion would be of much more interest.

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like the other "health" related documentaries on Netflix, I'm sure it's garbage.

Nature documentaries, ftw. Especially if they are narrated by David Attenborough.

Have you seen the nature documentaries narrated by Snoop Dog? You should look it up. Hilarious!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    The problem with most documentaries is that they are biased and rarely offer to show the opposition equal time and research.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

img