Need friends for keto diet!

Options
Need advice and support for keto diet. Just started a few days ago. Add me!

Replies

• ceecee3113
    ceecee3113 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! @ladipoet
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Why are you choosing to do keto exactly?
  • ceecee3113
    ceecee3113 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To lose weight and feel better
  • akmommac
    akmommac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m just starting as well - Feel free to add me
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi @ceecee3113,

if you are looking for people who eat low carb/keto I recommend joining this the low carb group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group. You'll be able to get lots of information and advice there.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Why not just watch what you eat then? Can you explain why it has to be keto to reach those goals?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you eat less; to feel better, you eat better. Does keto make you eat less and better?
  • johnjssn750
    johnjssn750 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have followed Keto for 5 months and lost 27lbs. While not great compared to other success stories, I have found a new way of eating I can sustain after I achieve my goals. Once you have a grasp of your macronutrients, and stick with your daily goals your weight will decrease. Things to watch for are carbs, and hidden sugars. Next time you go grocery shopping allow yourself time to read nutrition labels to better understand what your eating. I have found some amazing foods once I stopped and read nutrition labels. You will also need to watch your protein to fat intake. My family usually eats chicken, but for Keto followers chicken is higher in protein than fat and can kick you out of ketostis.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight with keto. You can lose weight without keto (just eat less of what you currently do). The important thing for you to do is choose what you'll stay with. Best of luck!
  • dexter62
    dexter62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for about 2 months now, I love it, the greatest advantage it affords me is control over the sugar cravings I never had before, in the first couple days the cravings became manageable. It was like back in school when you'd have to meet someone out back of the school for a fight and they wouldn't show up, lol win win . I got off the bread and pasta, big help, I avoid sugar at all cost, use stevia if it must be sweetened, avoid premade prepackaged, substitute cauliflower for potatoes, ive even found a good pizza crust recipe without flour, , I do use some nut flour in it but its mostly mozz cheese and egg whites. trust me its awesome. life without toast is do able . another really important part for me is intermittent fasting. (all that really is is being disciplined on an eating schedule) any food I consume must be within an 8 hour window, it works for me this way , I eat my 3 meals starting at 9 am and finish my last by 5 pm, then nothing but water or unsweetened, unmilked tea or coffee for the next 16 hours, you can sweeten with stevia, its pretty easy since 8 of those hours I'm sleeping anyway. ive been at this for a couple months and I really feel comfortable with the fasting part, I'm working up the courage to extend my fast to 24 hrs starting today, I only have to make it to 5 pm.
  • ToriOtsuki
    ToriOtsuki Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I chose keto because I quit losing weight on a 40-30-30 calorie reduction diet. I lost over 40 lbs, but my metabolism dropped and I could not eat 1200 calories a day and not cheat. I know that the cure for that would be to exercise, but I am currently handicapped and was unable to increase my exercise regiment without lots of pain. My new dietitian suggested Keto. I went through Keto flu last night and refuse to go through that again, so I have become very careful on any accidental sugars. I made my kids refrigerated cinnamon rolls for breakfast. My hands were washed after icing the rolls. Previously, a lick would have removed the tiny drop of icing off my finger. If you would like to add me, I would be happy to travel this journey with others on the same path.

I am trying to learn to keep keto healthy. My breakfast today was 4 oz frozen spinach sauteed in 1 tsp coconut oil and 2 jumbo eggs scrambled into the spinach.

Tori
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Many keto'ers in these groups:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

There is a lot of knowledge and support in both groups. Good luck.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Check out these keto groups on MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

They're both pretty active with lots of really knowledgeable keto members.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    ceecee3113 wrote: »
    Thank you! @ladipoet

No problem, OP. You are quite welcome. Hope to see you on the LC/Keto boards soon. :)
  • angavai
    angavai Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Pls add me .