Low carb

Options
Hi I’m starting a low carb lifestyle. Looking for someone who’s doing this successfully. I’m really struggling with food to enjoy.

Replies

• Bhannon
    Bhannon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just recently learned about the Keto diet. The main focus from what I understand is low carb. I just finished a large taco salad with no shell. a ton of lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and taco meat. Only 6 carbs for the entire meal and I actually feel full. Good Luck!
  • Peanut959
    Peanut959 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! What have you had for breakfast foods?
  • Ashlee2143
    Ashlee2143 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Egg quiche is good but I do bulletproof coffee in the morning and it keeps me full for a few hours. Keto is a balancing act between your macros.
  • Melimc1980
    Melimc1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and turkey bacon. But you can get a low carb tortilla and make a breakfast burrito. Also going to any fast food place you can ask for a bread free breakfast sandwich and they will put it in a box. Same with some burger places.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4th year of Keto / LCHF. You may also find this group helpful:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat the foods you do like within your calorie range?
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If you aren't enjoying your food, you're on a diet. Don't go on a diet. A lifestyle is for success, for you, for life.
    Why not just eat the foods you do like within your calorie range?

Yep. Don't torture yourself.
  • wendolinovich
    wendolinovich Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for nearly 2 years now... I'll send you a friend invite if you like. Good fun once you get used to it and ppl leave you alone without their 2c worth!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for nearly 2 years now... I'll send you a friend invite if you like. Good fun once you get used to it and ppl leave you alone without their 2c worth!

I think that OP asked for people's 2c worth...
    Saying they are struggling to find foods to enjoy. Keto isn't for everyone. Why should OP continue if it's not sustainable for them?
  • smrcampfan1
    smrcampfan1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I treat low carb as a lifestyle change not a diet! I have been on this diet since September, fell off the wagon in December, and am starting again!

I have found that I can find low carb substitutes for the carbs I was eating. For example. Instead of mashed potatoes I use mashed cauliflower. I also substitute cauliflower for rice. I make low carb bread using almond or coconut flower.

Lots of options. I eat the same just healthier options.

Let me know if you need more suggestions.
  • sunnycloud82
    sunnycloud82 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started keto on January 8 and am loving it. Hard for a few days going through carb withdrawl but now I love that I'm not constantly craving junk. It's a very satisfying way of eating. I believe my diary is open if you want to take a look for meal ideas. I'm not doing ultra-low carb like due to some health conditions, but keeping it under 50 grams gross carbs per day. Good luck with whatever you decide!