:D:D:D that's so funny! I love it <3
  • mewilmes
    mewilmes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    OK we are three days into Radiation and one day of Chemo (on Wednesday) so I keep getting hiccups? is this normal?
  • fivep01
    fivep01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi MellowGa,
    My husband had the same cancer as you a couple of years ago. His was stage 4a, same treatment as you have. Its a tough road ahead, but very treatable. He also had hiccups during treatment, and for a while afterwards. One of the lesser known side effects of radiation. I would mention it to your team anyway.
    All the best for your treatment and recovery!
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins B cell Lymphoma 4 years ago. Found totally by accident.. went to hospital for kidney stone...CT scan caught the bottom of my lung, and voila there it was. Had surgery to remove it quickly because they thought it was lung cancer since I was a 40 year smoker. It was only after removal and biopsy we knew for sure. No chemo or radiation as it wasn't in my lymph nodes, but CT scans every 6 months. Well just last month my CT scan showed it's back. Pet scan lit up like a Christmas tree. I'm waiting for my oncologist to decide where we go from here. I think he's leaning towards a biopsy and were kinda waiting to see how fast it's gonna grow. Having another CT in 2 weeks. I have been trying to stay positive...It's out of my hands now...the doctors will know what to do and I have all the confidence in them. Just try to be good to yourself. Enjoy today.. love your family....be in the now. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow cancer or not, so live today to the fullest. Healing thoughts and wishes sent your way.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins B cell Lymphoma 4 years ago. Found totally by accident.. went to hospital for kidney stone...CT scan caught the bottom of my lung, and voila there it was. Had surgery to remove it quickly because they thought it was lung cancer since I was a 40 year smoker. It was only after removal and biopsy we knew for sure. No chemo or radiation as it wasn't in my lymph nodes, but CT scans every 6 months. Well just last month my CT scan showed it's back. Pet scan lit up like a Christmas tree. I'm waiting for my oncologist to decide where we go from here. I think he's leaning towards a biopsy and were kinda waiting to see how fast it's gonna grow. Having another CT in 2 weeks. I have been trying to stay positive...It's out of my hands now...the doctors will know what to do and I have all the confidence in them. Just try to be good to yourself. Enjoy today.. love your family....be in the now. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow cancer or not, so live today to the fullest. Healing thoughts and wishes sent your way.

This story frightens me ...

• MellowGa
    Options

sorry to hear it is back, I hope you beat it again
  • MellowGa
    Options
    fivep01 wrote: »
    Hi MellowGa,
    My husband had the same cancer as you a couple of years ago. His was stage 4a, same treatment as you have. Its a tough road ahead, but very treatable. He also had hiccups during treatment, and for a while afterwards. One of the lesser known side effects of radiation. I would mention it to your team anyway.

thank you, it seems to be the steroids I am taking with it, I switched over to my nausea medicine and they were gone, but for days 1-3 while taking the steroids I will have them....I can handle that.

moving forward my friends, day four of Radiation in the books, tomorrow more radiation and blood work, lets hope for good numbers
  • LearningToFly13
    Options

I'm so embarrassed, I should have added how sorry I am to hear that you are having to go through this awful process for a second time. I'm 2 years away from breast cancer now, my biggest fear is it returning in some shape or form. I think that's everyone's fear...first dying and then once you survive, you fear an action replay. But you're right, nobody knows tomorrow and anyone can be gone just like that, young or old... healthy or ill. I've seen that enough in my life to know it's true. I wish you peace and love and many more years of tomorrows x
  • LearningToFly13
    edited January 2018
    Options
    MellowGa wrote: »
    fivep01 wrote: »
    Hi MellowGa,

thank you, it seems to be the steroids I am taking with it, I switched over to my nausea medicine and they were gone, but for days 1-3 while taking the steroids I will have them....I can handle that.

moving forward my friends, day four of Radiation in the books, tomorrow more radiation and blood work, lets hope for good numbers

Steroids just made me hot and hungry..and very awake lol. Glad to hear your side effects aren't too bad, fingers crossed for the rest of your treatment ☺️
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry your in this club, I am 5 years down the line after ovarian cancer, my youngest was 8 when I was diagnosed so I understand the effect on the family. Your family are your rock, don’t be awkward around people - just be you and then folks will treat you normal
    If you feel like exercising do it and if you don’t - then don’t but don’t beat yourself up - manana. I didn’t and I gained a lot of weight- I sorted it out afterwards and you will too just keep strong and positive. Your previous lifestyle will help you go through this.
    I just lived my life One chemo cycle at a time.
    Keep strong

• MellowGa
    Options
    he all, I'm at day 9 of 35 of radiation, tomorrow is my third Chemo of Seven, my throat is very raw, I doubt I will have solid food anytime soon, they are thinking about giving me a feeding tube, but I am trying to avoid it. BUt I must admit the rawness of my throat is tough, but I am stubborn. ;) we shall see how this week goes
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi MellowGa

Good to hear from you

9 down 26 to go
    3 down 4 to go

Keep strong

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    MellowGa wrote: »
    he all, I'm at day 9 of 35 of radiation, tomorrow is my third Chemo of Seven, my throat is very raw, I doubt I will have solid food anytime soon, they are thinking about giving me a feeding tube, but I am trying to avoid it. BUt I must admit the rawness of my throat is tough, but I am stubborn. ;) we shall see how this week goes

Thinking of you my friend.. one day at a time you'll get to the end.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    You're in my thoughts and prayers...
  • LearningToFly13
    Options
    Just keep ticking them off the list, soon you'll be looking back at it all in the rearview mirror. Oh and don't be too stubborn, you need your calories! :D
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your throat is feeling better and you're able to eat some solid foods. Good news! :)
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MellowGa for posting your story, as well as everyone else. I was dx on Jan 2nd with invasive breast cancer. I'm to have surgery in two weeks, and then find out the staging. Currently waiting to hear back from the surgeon my MRI results to see if it'll be a lumpectomy or mastectomy.

Waiting is the hardest part.

My thoughts right now are that the tumor is a foreign body and I want it out of me, rather than that I am losing a part of my body.

I read something that has stuck with me: Its not what happens to you, it's how you handle what is happening.