20 lbs lost within 2 weeks

Options

Replies

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    What exactly is happening in two weeks that makes you so fixated on that number, and why exactly 20 lb?

As people habe said above, losing 20 lb of fat in two weeks is a physical impossibility, bar surgery. Losing 20lb of fat and water in that time is almost impossible, bar extreme illness.

Could you be more flexible on one of the two factors? If it is hugely important to lose weight in exactly two weeks, why not start with what you can lose in ahealthy sustainable way - you will still look and feel better than now? If 20 lb is the important number, why not take a bit longer - you will still feel great when you get there.

Don't set yourself up for failure.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You need to go on that special snow flake diet.

It's the only way.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Ddonna82 wrote: »
    Like I said if you have lost 20 pounds within 2 weeks I would love to hear from you.. If not then don't reply.. I'm currently exercising and counting calories... But that's not my point..it was a question to those that have done This, if their are none then so be it.. My friend has lost 100 pounds in 6 months, she told me within the first 2 weeks she lost 22 pounds but she did shakes.. So I know that it's possible so I wanted to here other things others have tried and if there's is none then so be it!!!!

Even if she lost 100 lbs in 6 months, that still literally less than 20 pounds EVERY MONTH.
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You could do a boxing/ufc weigh-in dehydration protocol and might get the scale to display the number. Of course none of it will be fast loss and you'll start gaining it back with the very next glass of water. Not to mention dangerous. So yeah impossible
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Exactly what everyone here is saying... it's impossible to lose that much "fat" in 2 weeks. Sorry slow and steady is the best way to go.. your way is not even possible
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well, and the other reason you wouldn't hear from someone claiming to do this, is that describing their method would likely be against the rules of the forum.
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    Ddonna82 wrote: »
    Like I said if you have lost 20 pounds within 2 weeks I would love to hear from you.. If not then don't reply.. I'm currently exercising and counting calories... But that's not my point..it was a question to those that have done This, if their are none then so be it.. My friend has lost 100 pounds in 6 months, she told me within the first 2 weeks she lost 22 pounds but she did shakes.. So I know that it's possible so I wanted to here other things others have tried and if there's is none then so be it!!!!

Losing more in the first little bit can have a lot to do with water retention, not actual fat loss.

100lbs in 6 months equates to about 4.2lbs per week. It’s a lot, but if you have a lot to lose, it’s do-able.

Like others have said, a 3500 calorie deficit is equal to 1lbs of fat, so in order to lose 4.2lbs per week, you would need a deficit of 14,700calories per week, or 2100 calories per day. That is a HUGE deficit, and likely very unhealthy. Even if you decided to aim for that, your body would be so tired, and you would be so cranky.
This discussion has been closed.