callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    at least once a day (morning)

sometimes twice.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    Wait, if you haven't taken a crap in 3 DAYS??? It's noon and I've already done 3 huge movements. What are you eating???? Ok, 3 in one morning is a lot but I do at least 3 a day.

Bruh, what are YOU eating???
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I poo about every 90 minutes while awake, and have to wake up once at night to go again so I never get a full nights sleep. So far my docs haven’t found anything abnormal so I guess it’s “normal”!

I would DIE. How are you not RAW?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    oh man, i am the outlier. WAY unpredictable for me...perhaps i have some work to do...yikes. now i wondering what i need to change

My daughter says that drinking kombucha made her regular. She used to only go sporadically every few days.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    In regard to size of the load...I once woke up, peed, weighed in. Then went about my day, eating breakfast, lunch and a snack...came home and took a dump...lost 2 pounds overall. The poo weighed as much as all my meals plus an extra two pounds.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Typically once every other day, with an occasional 2 days in a row.

This and I eat around 25-30g of fibre a day
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I go at least once a day, up to three times. There is no time of day regularity though. I can't remember a time that I skipped a day, except for my first pregnancy.

My kids are also daily.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Every morning usually 30-40 minutes upon waking up. If I don't go I will go the following morning.

The one day I have multiple poo's is the day of TOM. Not sure what happens this day but it seems to be a great cleaning out never the less. lol
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm commenting because this thread makes me giggle. Poop, hehe.
    Anyway, I got about 3 or 4 times a day if everything's in shape: 6am wake-up poop, the later morning at-work-post-coffee poop, afternoon at-work poop (sometimes it becomes a post-commute-home poop instead), and the final poop in the evening a bit before bed. If it's been over a day without pooping, I get really worried; I'm very regular.
    Although once a month, during shark week, that schedule can see more or less poops. It might have to do with me allowing myself to have as much chocolate as I want that week.
    I actually used to poop more often (every 2 hrs or so) before I started losing weight, but that probably correlates with how much I'm eating?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Every morning usually 30-40 minutes upon waking up. If I don't go I will go the following morning.

The one day I have multiple poo's is the day of TOM. Not sure what happens this day but it seems to be a great cleaning out never the less. lol

That's pretty common, at least among women I am close enough to discuss such things with.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I usually go twice on Monday and once on Wednesday.

Monday because the weekend alcohol fest catches up to me by then. Wednesday because I have Tuesday off from work so I eat better food then.
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 times a day for me. First thing in the morning before the gym, at lunch before I run - and again when I get home from work. And sometimes once more before bedtime for kicks.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Well, this is interesting ... and insightful. ... I guess the answer is 'there is no normal' ... it's what is common for each of us, isn't it?

For me ... it depends on what part of the IBS cycle I am in, as well as the type of food I ate in the last few days. Meat, especially beef, and blueberries always bind me up. Big raw veggie salads with a serving of protein for lunch helps to keep things 'regular'. And that, for me, is daily ... usually a couple of hours after my first meal.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    In regard to size of the load...I once woke up, peed, weighed in. Then went about my day, eating breakfast, lunch and a snack...came home and took a dump...lost 2 pounds overall. The poo weighed as much as all my meals plus an extra two pounds

In regard to size of the load...I once woke up, peed, weighed in. Then went about my day, eating breakfast, lunch and a snack...came home and took a dump...lost 2 pounds overall. The poo weighed as much as all my meals plus an extra two pounds.

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who wants to take a picture of a *kitten* and share it- I usually don't- but DAMN- sometimes- it's like- holy lord on earth- WHERE did I even keep that?!?!?!

I have also weighed myself before and after- I take pooping very seriously.
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

OH GOOD "exception"!!!
    I also go more during TOM- usually 2 x a time. sometimes upwards of 3 if I'm eating a lot more. Which is annoying- b/c nothing worse than bleeding is pooping and bleeding extra- I feel like I need to shower multiple times a day. Also- #babywipesforlife

I remember talking to a college buddy about this- apparently b/c everything during TOM is like "OUT- EVERYONE OUT" so your body is actively working to "shed" and so you go more. True or not- I have no idea- but I know a lot of women say they go a LOT more on their TOM.

I hate it- but it's very true.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Several times a day, nearly as often as I urinate - can't say I've ever counted! Varying volume, but usually the most satisfying volume within an hour after having oatmeal and coffee (which I have nearly every day for either breakfast or lunch).

I used to suffer (literal pain) routinely from IBS-C, and be on an every other day or less schedule. Technically, I presume I still have IBS, but I'm very, very happy that it now rarely expresses itself. There's no countervailing . . . urgency . . . now, either (unless I'm ill or something, of course). I'm happy. ;)

Most days, I eat 10+ veggie/fruit servings, 25-50g fiber in a day's food. That's not the full explanation for recovery, of course.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hubby goes all. the. time. it seems, a few times a day, and I am very jealous. I would love to go once a day, but it's usually 1-3 days for me.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I poo about every 90 minutes while awake, and have to wake up once at night to go again so I never get a full nights sleep. So far my docs haven’t found anything abnormal so I guess it’s “normal”!

Have you ever been tested for Celiac disease?
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Probably twice a day for me, definitely once in the morning after breakfast and often after lunch too, although not after dinner which I had not really thought about.
    Like @Tacklewasher I can not go for a few days when camping or in an unfamiliar environment, but it’s pretty epic once it eventually happens (definition of epic may vary).
    I am on #teamworkpoop if I can get some alone time but if there are other people then I can’t.