The Poo Thread!

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I'm pretty regular and will poop at least once a day. Maybe more often. I don't think it is epic amounts. I haven't charted it out.
    I don't eat super high fiber but drink plenty of water and don't eat a very low fat diet. I am rarely constipated.

It is 11:14 AM and I have not pooped yet today. After lunch bathroom visit is normal.

After posting this I guess I was more aware. It wasn't until around 5 PM that I pooped.
    Is there a poop tracker app?
    A quick internet search reveals that there are apps.

Makes sense. There are period tracker apps.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I think this is quite an excellent thread, on a health/fitness site: I suspect many people wonder if they're normal, but hesitate to ask.

It's probably my inner li'l ol' lady breaking out, but I don't understand why so many people hesitate to discuss things that literally every (healthy) person does. Discuss in the right situation only, of course!

I agree with the bolded, just not sure it should be in the food section :D

Well- it's not really fitness- and it's most directly related to food- sooooooooo- LOL here it is. Sorry??
    I'm pretty regular and will poop at least once a day. Maybe more often. I don't think it is epic amounts. I haven't charted it out.
    I don't eat super high fiber but drink plenty of water and don't eat a very low fat diet. I am rarely constipated.

It is 11:14 AM and I have not pooped yet today. After lunch bathroom visit is normal.

After posting this I guess I was more aware. It wasn't until around 5 PM that I pooped.
    Is there a poop tracker app?
    A quick internet search reveals that there are apps.

HA- that's awesome. not surprising- but awesome.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I want a squatty potty just because I appreciate the commercial.

giphy.gif

I agree- I pretty much want one only b/c of the add.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I used to be a regular right-after-coffee daily goer. Over the past couple of months, though, it's gone down to every 3-4 days. Not only that it's been little rocks, or what the geologists might call conglomerate. And while it's not uncomfortable in the in-between times, the passing of them has been rather unpleasant. After doing a little checking around, I discovered that some people have found that metformin can cause pooping issues -- usually too loose, but for a (rather vocal) minority, can cause constipation as well. I've been able to have my metformin dose cut in half (per my doctor and under her supervision) and should soon be cancelled entirely if my weight loss and blood sugar keep doing well. So I've been taking colace (stool softener) and waiting out the metformin prescription. I'm seeing a slow return to normal.

So glad you started this thread, @JoRocka ! I couldn't bring myself to start one myself, and I'm grateful for the community mind's information.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Regular for me is 2-3 times per day. Usually after morning coffee, and a few smaller ones after lunch and dinner.

Regarding the Squatty Potty: I used to work with a physical therapist who specialized in pelvic floor therapy - basically anything to do with issues "down there." She was a HUGE supporter of it and was even trying to get the entire hospital to get them in every bathroom. I've never tried it myself, but I'm tempted to get one! They used to carry two packs of them at Costco.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think it's time for the Squatty Potty. My husband's former boss swears by them. He also had a bidet attachment installed in his bathroom. Super into quality poops.

Pooping is SO important, but even though it's kinda gross, I think it's hugely valuable to the dieting community.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Is this the type of squatty potty y'all are talking about, or is there a super duper one i haven't seen yet? I'm still stuck on the how can something so simple be so helpful.

bpq4j0ssuvxm.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Options
    And my daughter (aged 25!!) and her boyfriend send each other poop pictures when they're super impressive. She knows how much this mortifies me :weary: As I raised her to be somewhat lady like, but i guess her fathers genes shone through stronger as this is totally something he would have done, and he finds it hilarious, me not so much...
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested in the Squatty Potty, my mom has one and she says it's a major game changer. Her boyfriend's entire family got them as gifts a few years ago from one of the kids who is a chiropractor. My mom is 55 and says it helps a lot because it re-positions your body and makes it easier to go. It looks like a real simple piece but I guess it's awesome. She said 10/10, would recommend.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the Squatty Potty, my mom has one and she says it's a major game changer. Her boyfriend's entire family got them as gifts a few years ago from one of the kids who is a chiropractor. My mom is 55 and says it helps a lot because it re-positions your body and makes it easier to go. It looks like a real simple piece but I guess it's awesome. She said 10/10, would recommend.

I've been wanting to get one, but my bathroom is so freakin' small, don't think I'll have room for it.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I just ordered one, it should be here next Wednesday. I shall report back with my results :blush:
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    And I was wondering whether my desire for a Squatty Potty was strange. I have found my people!

FYI for the ladies - the uterine muscles and bowel muscles are really close together. Cramping in one can cause cramping in the other. Hence the extra “services” put on during shark week.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    And I was wondering whether my desire for a Squatty Potty was strange. I have found my people!

Welcome fellow squatty potty obsessor :lol:

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    This is one of the more weird Threads I've been in

yeah well it's more interesting than talking about "how can I get more protein again"
    (well if you ask me) I feel like good dueces are NOT appreciated enough in this society!!!

and like this lovely points out- people are hesitant to discuss or ask!!!
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I think this is quite an excellent thread, on a health/fitness site: I suspect many people wonder if they're normal, but hesitate to ask.

It's probably my inner li'l ol' lady breaking out, but I don't understand why so many people hesitate to discuss things that literally every (healthy) person does. Discuss in the right situation only, of course!

^^ EXACTLY!!! TOTALLY THE POINT!!!!

ALSO- keeping in line with poop- squatty potty anyone? I know it's life changing for some people- I felt "meh" about it- but I could get one when I wind up with some spare change lying around (that's not a real thing by the way)- but yes- I may pick one up in a little bit- they aren't expensive- I know about 5 people who swear by them.

Thoughts?

I would like to hear from people who use the squatty potty too! I have one sitting in my Amazon shopping cart, but haven't placed the order yet. I'm wondering how something so basic/straightforward can make such a huge difference??

I have the squatty potty and love it. I have IBS and have issues with incomplete emptying and it really helps with that (son also has IBS and has same issue, also likes squatty potty for the same reason). When the IBS is flaring, that is. When the IBS is flaring, I can go up to 5-6 times a day.

When the IBS isn't flaring, I'm a once a day, first thing in the morning after a cold glass of water type.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I've had my Squatty Potty for 2 years. I'd highly recommend it.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I've really been wanting one but I've had my eye on one of the fancy bamboo ones and can't bring myself to actually splurge on it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    dym1 wrote: »

I've been wanting to get one, but my bathroom is so freakin' small, don't think I'll have room for it.

They aren't very big. I'd say you need about 6 inches on each side of the toilet base.