The Poo Thread!

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Couple times a day. If I don't go for a couple of days, it gets a bit annoying.

But, I will often have an issue while camping. Can go 3-4 days without going, head home and need to poop within about 10 minutes of being home. Wife has just learned to live with bringing stuff in by herself, cuz it ain't pretty after not going that long. At least I use the basement bathroom.

I don't poop when we camp either. It just doesn't go. If I was your wife, I'd wait until you were done until I brought anything in. No poopscuses. We did a week-long kayak trip over the summer, which was 5 nights of camping. I actually did manage to go twice on that trip. Otherwise, after camping, I will walk in the door at home and within minutes my body is like, "Yep. It's time."

I wish I was super regular. Black coffee doesn't even do the trick, and I drink about 12oz every day.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Usually every day, might skip a day here and there. I’d say average 5x a week.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It used to be within 20 minutes of getting up in the morning, every single day,but Never more than once a day. But this has all changed over the last 8 or so months, and my daily ritual is all higelty pigelty. I can NOT stand missing a day.

My hubby goes after every meal, i am so jealous!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Probably twice a day for me, definitely once in the morning after breakfast and often after lunch too, although not after dinner which I had not really thought about.
    Like @Tacklewasher I can not go for a few days when camping or in an unfamiliar environment, but it’s pretty epic once it eventually happens (definition of epic may vary).
    I am on #teamworkpoop if I can get some alone time but if there are other people then I can’t.

I think that's probably my favorite thing on the thread thus far. "definition of epic may vary"
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Several times a day, nearly as often as I urinate - can't say I've ever counted! Varying volume, but usually the most satisfying volume within an hour after having oatmeal and coffee (which I have nearly every day for either breakfast or lunch).

I used to suffer (literal pain) routinely from IBS-C, and be on an every other day or less schedule. Technically, I presume I still have IBS, but I'm very, very happy that it now rarely expresses itself. There's no countervailing . . . urgency . . . now, either (unless I'm ill or something, of course). I'm happy. ;)

Most days, I eat 10+ veggie/fruit servings, 25-50g fiber in a day's food. That's not the full explanation for recovery, of course.

Also- good to know.

There is something VERY unsatisfying about floaters- or like- sad limp things. I just can't- I feel like I wasted a poop.

It's one thing to like struggle to push rocks- but taking great *kitten* is better than a crappy orgasm IMHO.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Couple times a day. If I don't go for a couple of days, it gets a bit annoying.

But, I will often have an issue while camping. Can go 3-4 days without going, head home and need to poop within about 10 minutes of being home. Wife has just learned to live with bringing stuff in by herself, cuz it ain't pretty after not going that long. At least I use the basement bathroom.

I don't poop when we camp either. It just doesn't go. If I was your wife, I'd wait until you were done until I brought anything in. No poopscuses. We did a week-long kayak trip over the summer, which was 5 nights of camping. I actually did manage to go twice on that trip. Otherwise, after camping, I will walk in the door at home and within minutes my body is like, "Yep. It's time."

I'm headed to an intensive this coming week- it's 5 days of intense dancing- so physically and mentally challenging- and they dive into psychological issues as well. So it's EXHAUSTING.
    I did my first week long in July- I did a 3 day- then the 5 day- and a 2 day break to reset- I got there on Tuesday night? W-F was the workshop- I officially pooped on Saturday night or sunday morning?

IT WAS AWFUL. I went to a Mexican place and got guac and beans and salsa. I had a medicore "rocks" situation Monday morning- but at least SOMETHING happened- My body was NOT happy- and I was so annoyed- I usually do pretty well travelling but the travel- the new location and the physical stress- made pooping REALLY a challenge.

Headed into this next one- I'm equally concerned I'm going to wind up with issues- I think that's stressing me out more than anything. It's so silly.

But yeah- travelling and being in different environments- it makes deucing so difficult.

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, travelling is tough. If I fly on a plane anywhere, that sets me back 2-3 days. Running more regularly has helped for sure, but not nearly as regular as I'd like to be. I love a good epic poop. I'm not a big fan of pooping at work, but if it's time, I'll sure as heck take it.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Gone twice already, pretty sure I have another one in me before I hit to gym later.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell you how many times a day when I'm on a bulk.... lots... maybe 3-4 times a day. Double and triple flushers too. However, even on my cut it's at least once or twice a day, just smaller quantities. I spend my first 30 minutes each morning drinking coffee and reading on the throne. Wife makes me use the guest bathroom on the far side of the house. High protein diet.. lol
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I used to be very irregular in what I produced it would go from Hard to soft to runny and could be between 1-3 or more days.

But since I quit smoking 2 years ago within 3 months things changed. I became regular every morning after eating, good quality and quantity sometimes another 2 or even 3 mini poops later in the day. I feel much better for it. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating normally at maintenance, once a day, about 10:00. If I'm overeating, especially fatty food or booze, multiple times a day, but not in a satisfying way, more in a "uggh my tummy is upset and I go every time I'm in the loo" kind of way. If I'm eating at 1200-1300 calories a day and mostly whole foods, every 2-3 days.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    wow same username AND profile pic as WW? such a nicer vibe on here though :)

don't be fooled- it gets pretty exciting here too. But yes- same person- same profile- I'm boring- not really- I just like to be consistent ;)
    AH YUCK YUCK YUCK- I'm so punny.

I am no longer on WW though- I got booted with the new regime change. Shrug- it's pretty awful now so I don't care.

Heh the GDT used to get pretty brutal, I recall. The forums are now members only, yeah?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I poo about every 90 minutes while awake, and have to wake up once at night to go again so I never get a full nights sleep. So far my docs haven’t found anything abnormal so I guess it’s “normal”!

Have you ever been tested for Celiac disease?

Celiac, IBS, Crohns, diverticulitis and more. I just have a very chipper colon I suppose!

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I can only go on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. It sucks. Sometimes it's not until Thursday and I look pregnant.

Used to be every day :(
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    On average ...once --at the most twice --per day. But it is also not uncommon for me to have 2 or 3 days in between BM's, depending on what I have eaten. Very rarely however is it that infrequent.

I guess I would say anywhere between 5 to 8 times per week but I never actually counted it LOL
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous. I should not have joined this thread.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    This is one of the more weird Threads I've been in
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm generally a once a dayer, but I also have IBS, so if something is wrong, it can vary from over a week to stuck on the toilet for 4 hours with nonstop labor pains. Also 4 hours labor just to deliver *kitten* instead of babys kind of sucks
  • Fatandsassy224
    Fatandsassy224 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I remember talking to a college buddy about this- apparently b/c everything during TOM is like "OUT- EVERYONE OUT" so your body is actively working to "shed" and so you go more. True or not- I have no idea- but I know a lot of women say they go a LOT more on their TOM.

I hate it- but it's very true.

It has to do with how the bowels stimulate the uterus and the uterus stimulates the bowels due to proximity. Which is why Castor Oil (a laxative) helps stimulate labour. So all the uterine contractions and stimulation actually promotes more contractions and movement of the bowels during TOM. Source: I am a nurse / information from my midwives when I had to be induced.

But yeah, when my bowels go crazy I know that Shark Week is impending.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and have had issues since I was a little kid. I can go 5 times a day on a bad day, or not go for a week, which actually, I prefer. I don't get uncomfortable ever. A few years ago I was stopped up for like 3 weeks. It didn't physically bother me, no pain or anything, just couldn't go and it frustrated me. Later found out I had a huge ovarian cyst that was causing it. Haven't had it happen since.