Wish this was eaiser.

Options
So, I am a week in, Wed-Sat I lost 3 pounds, From sun-today, nothing. I am eating roughly 1200-1400 calories a day. I am drinking slim fast for breakfast and lunch, I have a 100 calorie snack in the afternoon then I have a larger dinner ( 600-750) I am also limiting diet soda for dinner and drinking about 90 oz of water a day . I am well below my grams for fats, carbs and proteins and even the percentage that MyFitnessPal wants. So I am not understanding what I am doing wrong. Is my dinner too many calories? I've tried eating lunch and my slim fast for dinner and just cant do it.
By the time I get home I am hungry, but again I am calculating everything and I'm still not losing. According to myfitness pal I should be losing 2 pounds by just eating 1450.
I have been walking during my lunch so I am burning around 200 calories or so. I may start working out at home to get a better calorie burned..but other than that?

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Stats to give us some context to work with?

Goal Weight
    Height
  • ashlee_tx
    ashlee_tx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5'6"
  • ashlee_tx
    ashlee_tx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I am being a little inpatient, No everything is measured and calculated according the labels. I am logging everything down to my gum and still..no difference. Maybe it just takes a little longer to see some sort of result. I just want to know that what I am doing is working.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    ashlee_tx wrote: »
    Perhaps I am being a little inpatient, No everything is measured and calculated according the labels. I am logging everything down to my gum and still..no difference. Maybe it just takes a little longer to see some sort of result. I just want to know that what I am doing is working.

as others said - 3lbs in half a week is more than projected...

you said you are measuring and calculating - but are you weighing everything you eat?
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I will let the professional weigh in, but when I read your post I was thinking that you may need to eat more food instead of drinking slim fast. I can pretty much tell you that if you are hungry all day you will not lose weight because you are likely end up overeating to make up for the hunger. Are you weighing and logging everything? You did not say how much you want to lose overall. If you are not losing then you are probably eating more than you thing. Good luck to you. Do not be discouraged. Just get diligent about your weighing and logging and you will figure out what is not going right.

I would agree with this if it continues. However, as she saw a decent drop of water weight at first and it's only been a few days without a loss, I think this is a premature conclusion.

OP, this is actually a pretty common pattern when first starting out. Give it time before you start to be concerned, but if it does continue, then this advice is pretty solid advice.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You're only a week in. The first 3 pounds you lost right away is probably water weight. Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll start to see a change over the next couple of weeks.

Also, try using a food scale so you know exactly what calories you're eating. It's easy to underestimate your calories just by eyeballing portions.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So, I am a week in, Wed-Sat I lost 3 pounds, From sun-today, nothing. I am eating roughly 1200-1400 calories a day. I am drinking slim fast for breakfast and lunch, I have a 100 calorie snack in the afternoon then I have a larger dinner ( 600-750) I am also limiting diet soda for dinner and drinking about 90 oz of water a day . I am well below my grams for fats, carbs and proteins and even the percentage that MyFitnessPal wants. So I am not understanding what I am doing wrong. Is my dinner too many calories? I've tried eating lunch and my slim fast for dinner and just cant do it.
    By the time I get home I am hungry, but again I am calculating everything and I'm still not losing. According to myfitness pal I should be losing 2 pounds by just eating 1450.
    I have been walking during my lunch so I am burning around 200 calories or so. I may start working out at home to get a better calorie burned..but other than that?

3lb in a week is significant. How much were you hoping to lose in that time? It sounds like you may need to adjust your expectations. Slow and steady is the goal here :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

are you WEIGHING IT ON A SCALE?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The key here is to manage your expectations and create sustainable habits.

Losing 2lbs a week is considered quite a fast pace for most people! Most around here are happy with 1lbs lost per week. Of course, it depends on your starting weight, but expecting to lose more than 2lbs a week just isn't sustainable for most bodies.

Look at your diet and ask yourself if it's going to be sustainable in... 2 months? A year? A decade?

The more sustainable you make the process, the easier it is to stick to.

It all comes down to calories. Eating at a caloric deficit WILL result in weight loss. There's no need to add expensive drinks to your diet, or remove your favourite snacks. For satiety purposes, you may want to adjust things here and there, but it shouldn't feel like you're depriving yourself.