Tea drinkers

Options
13»

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I prefer coffee, but I drink a lot of tea, too. I like all kinds. Lately, I've been on a Trader Joe's Ginger Turmeric kick.
  • quinnheaven703
    quinnheaven703 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    English black tea from Starbucks is good. Celestial Seasonings are good. At night, I like to have a cup of Lipton hot tea. I'll add a honey packet and some cinnamon.
  • mkemmis73
    mkemmis73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge tea fan too! I love the Bigelow Vanilla Chai with a little non-fat creamer and sugar substitute in it. I also love pretty much anything from Republic of Tea. My all time favorite from there is the Honey Ginseng Green Tea!
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like a regular unsweetened iced or cold tea. no herbal teas here. no fancy flavors or extracts or any of that. I don't know why but I cant drink flavored tea and I don't drink warm drinks either. I know I'm definitely in the weird category for this but I don't drink hot drinks at all.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I like coffee, but I only drink decaf and it has to be GOOD (like European coffee or Brazilian coffee). I will not drink mediocre coffee anymore. For teas, I will buy from Capital Teas. They have a website. They sell loose teas. They are the best herbals and decaffeinated teas that I've tasted, although some of my favorite flavors , like Purple Potion, have been discontinued. Tazo teas are also decent (and much cheaper) and some of the Stash brand as well. Mighty Leaf, which you can also buy online, has some good teas, in particular Wild Berry Hibiscus, Chamomile Citris (the original flavor and packaging), Tropical Green tea, and their Jasmine tea are all good.

If you get the cheap supermarket herbal brands they taste like nothing. They are so weak. It will cost you more to buy 4 oz. of loose tea than it would to buy a can of excellent ground coffee (like Illy), or bag of good coffee beans.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Regular tea with milk and no sugar.

Green tea with nothing added.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Loose leaf tea is the way to go if you want tea that tastes good. If I need it sweetened (I rarely sweeten my tea) I use a teaspoon of raw honey.

I miss coffee but tea and crio bru fill the void 99% of the time.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I like my fruit teas, I buy loose leaf from a local tea place where I live. Apple Cider and Strawberry Kiwi are my favourites, have also had some in the past that had pomegranate and they were delicious. Also a fan of peach teas and raspberry teas. The nice thing about fruit teas is you can let them steep a few minutes and they don't go bitter. Just add sugar to taste, never been a fan of anything else in my tea.
  • dawn__westbury
    dawn__westbury Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I first started drinking tea ages ago, I didn't know you could put milk or sugar in them, so I always drank them straight. [in Jenna Marble's voice] "YOU CAN ADD MILK TO YOUR TEA? WHAAAAAATT??"
    Now I can't have it any other way. Some teas honestly don't even need milk or sugar- like Red Rose strawberry cheesecake.

I’m there right now, I’ve never put milk in my tea .. just doesn’t sound right .. maybe it’s best in certain kinds only? The thought of adding milk to say a mint tea sounds weird... I need a soothing tea right now with maybe added honey as my throat is so sore, I’m stuffy, chest hurts lol, I’m a mess!
  • lucerorojo
    Options
    Forsore throats, ginger tea is the best. You can buy it in a tea bag or boil fresh peeled ginger. You can add lemon and honey.
  • lucerorojo
    Options
    We used to drink milk in black tea when I was a kid. I think it is typical in Britain to use milk in tea.
  • charleyaimee
    charleyaimee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    SnowOwl26 wrote: »
    I'm a big coffee sugar and cream type girl. But I want to give it up and drink teas. How do I make them taste good and which ones are best. How to drink tea Mm
    I'm a big coffee sugar and cream type girl. But I want to give it up and drink teas. How do I make them taste good and which ones are best. How to drink tea Mm

• charleyaimee
    charleyaimee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’ve just found these teas that are aupposendly immune boosting. They come in flavours like tropical or orange and peach, and all have really good stuff in for your body. I’ve been adding one of those little sweetener tabs, and jobs a good’un!

Also camomile before bed is just perfect.

Careful of any weight loss teas... give you the total sh*ts. TRUST ME.
  • shannonprovenzano2812
    Options
    I am a big sugar and creamer in my coffee type of girl too. I’ve tried the tea route as well, but most teas are either fruity and not what I’m looking for, or too bitter for me to enjoy. I did recently buy some green tea and didn’t hate it with a few Splenda packets though.

I decided that I like my coffee way too much to quit. So instead of going to dunkin for a swirly, creamy indulgence that’s high in calorie, I’ve started making my own at home every morning. I take 12 ounces of coffee, 4 ounces of chocolate almond milk, and 2 Splenda packets. It has 66 calories which is a huge improvement over the 600 I was drinking daily with my 16 ounce cappuccinos! I actually prefer the coffee I make now. The chocolate almond milk adds that creamy sweet taste I wanted without killing my diet.
  • ledgey91
    ledgey91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried yerba mate? Kind of a cross between tea and coffee. Been meaning to try some!
  • lucerorojo
    Options
    Yes. I have drunk mate. It is very strong in caffeine. The taste is something together used to.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My evening beverage is a pot of tea - made with one bag of chai and one of whatever herbal takes my fancy...currently lemon ginger. No milk/cream/sugar added.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just drink regular black tea with regular full cream milk. I used to add 3tsp of sugar to each cup :open_mouth: But i slowly tapered down, and now i don't add any.

I've tried a few of the fru fru flavoured teas, but i haven't liked any of them, so i just stick with black tea, around 6 LARGE (500ml soup cup) cups a day.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    If you are playing around with herbal teas and want to make some of your own, this gal talks about how to make your own blends that can taste good. :-)

https://www.bulkherbstore.com/blog/how-to-make-your-own-tea-blends/