Just finished a detox and now meat makes me tired

Options
So I am doing the fat smash diet which involves detoxing for 9 days (no bread meat or diary but all the veggies, fruits, beans, and tofu you want as well as brown rice, oatmeal, egg whites, and plain yogurt). So yesterday I started phase 2 which means i can start adding some meat to the menu which I did because I thought I was missing it so much. i ate 1 chicken breast throughout the day yesterday and I was more tired, sluggish and dragging. It was organic chicken breast from wegmans if anyone is questioning the quality. Idk now I'm thinking about keeping meat out of the equation now. Any former meat eaters or new vegetarians have any insight? I felt really great on the detox and my hair and nails started looking better too.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    or perhaps "detoxing" made you tired because you weren't getting enough food and hardly any protein for over a week. Like was pointed out to you in your other thread... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10627661/its-day-3-of-detox/p1

This would not be true if she was doing the Smash Diet correctly. Phase one is meat free but it is not starvation or VLCD.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    or perhaps "detoxing" made you tired because you weren't getting enough food and hardly any protein for over a week. Like was pointed out to you in your other thread... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10627661/its-day-3-of-detox/p1

This would not be true if she was doing the Smash Diet correctly. Phase one is meat free but it is not starvation or VLCD.

If she is doing it correctly maybe, but I don't see a lot of fat or protein in "Phase 1" and OP already made reference to waking up starving in the previous post.

It is low fat, but not protein.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm not saying it is, but it can also be psychological. If you believe the detox did really wonderful things for you, you may be expecting changes once you start adding things. This does happen.

Quite true. I mean we're talking about one day. It could be anything.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Meat has always made me feel sluggish. I usually replace it with other protein sources. I haven't had any problems reaching my macro requirements.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Meat takes longer to digest..thats why u feel tired. Its your choice to stop it or not. Follow ur heart and body.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please remember the Getting Started and GDWL boards are for members to ask questions and get help. If you can't stay on topic or are only hear to crack jokes please see yourself over to the chit chat section.

Thanks,
    4legs
    MFP moderator
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    9 days into a crash diet...probably not the chicken breast making you tired...

yeah...