Working out Bodyfat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Wether you are bothered about the number on a scale or not what you need to do is eat at a deficit and lose fat.

You can not spot reduce so it also is irrelevant where you think your fat is too.

Eat at a deficit making sure you are getting plenty of protein and lift weights

In this case I am agreeing with you. TBH, from the picture shown, the OP is not at a body fat level where he needs any sophisticated measurements--they're nice, if you like data, but not necessary. The mirror will be the most accurate measurement of all.

OP--you are probably not at the point where you need any type of specialized approach. Deficit, macros, lifting, some cardio if you want--you are still on the "standard" plan.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    Wether you are bothered about the number on a scale or not what you need to do is eat at a deficit and lose fat.

You can not spot reduce so it also is irrelevant where you think your fat is too.

In this case I am agreeing with you. TBH, from the picture shown, the OP is not at a body fat level where he needs any sophisticated measurements--they're nice, if you like data, but not necessary. The mirror will be the most accurate measurement of all.

OP--you are probably not at the point where you need any type of specialized approach. Deficit, macros, lifting, some cardio if you want--you are still on the "standard" plan.

Im not gonna lie, I love numbers, graphs and data etc and after reader a comment on here I have just looked up BodyPod tests lol

Do I need one? no probably not, I know Im fat, I know what I need to be doing to lose the fat and usually go by scale weight, inchs and how my clothes fit but Im really curious about what my results from the scan will show me lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OP have you stuck to a progressive programme for at least 3 months yet?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »

Im not gonna lie, I love numbers, graphs and data etc and after reader a comment on here I have just looked up BodyPod tests lol

Do I need one? no probably not, I know Im fat, I know what I need to be doing to lose the fat and usually go by scale weight, inchs and how my clothes fit but Im really curious about what my results from the scan will show me lol

Then by all means get one of the more accurate tests. Also find out the conditions that make the test most accurate.

I’m a big data guy myself, so I know where you are coming from.

But none of those online BF calculators are accurate.