Replies

• CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I play guitar ukelele tuba and i sing, kareoke tonight actually
  • hopiemama33
    hopiemama33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am untrained, but I am a singer. I love to sing karaoke. I used to go almost every week, but I've only made it a couple of times in the past year.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I sing and also play Guitar. I'm a mezzo. I play mostly classic rock and some folk music. I'm going to start learning to play the mandolin soon.

Cheers!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Grew up in a musical family. Dad was a jazz/big band trumpet player and Mom sang. All siblings played instruments and sang as well. I started on trumpet and French horn, then drums, and then in 7th grade switched to guitar. Still mix EDM as well. Was accepted to Musicians Institute and almost went to Berkley, but I was no savant.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Play guitar and sing....neither particularly good or bad....;). Play some acoustical gigs sporadically, about 1 a month maybe....
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Lyricist and Vocalist. I fronted a few Hard Rock bands for a number of years. I play a bit of guitar mostly for song writing purposes... oh the times we had.... B)
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Guitar and bass. I played professionally and toured for many years...not doing that these days. I released a CD in 2008. Love gear so gear acquisition syndrome is alive and well. Still play and write songs and am working on a home music studio. I don't sing so may have to outsource that lol...glad to see this thread actually.
  • Nicole15502017
    Nicole15502017 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love to play the piano, but I play everything by ear...or by YouTube tutorials. I actually took three years of lessons, but my teacher never made sure that I could read notes so..yeah
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I am the sole vocalist in our church's worship team. Pity the fools! Did some backing vocals back in the day and I sang at my sister's wedding for their first dance and as they entered the reception. Okay, so maybe I'm not all that bad. Not the best, but not the worst
  • JoshGouvisis
    JoshGouvisis Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Professional recording artist and song writer.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My primary instrument is bass, but play a decent guitar and can sit in on drums if needed. Most recently I’ve been focusing on blues harp which is a lot of fun. Im starting to find blues harmonica is the most “personal” instrument I’ve played because you have so much control over the sound & shape, which is probably why I’m obsessed with it.

In school I played trombone mostly but played all brass instruments at one point or another.

Oddly the only one I haven’t attempted to learn is piano! I usually feel a certain comfort level right away with most instruments, but never did with woodwinds or piano. I’d love to learn sax someday.