How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Personally I used to weight myself EVERY day. The number on the scale was the outcome of my feelings for the day. If it was up, I was sad. If it was down, I was happy. I now weigh myself once a month, on the first of the month. I feel your weight doesn’t define your progress, but you feel and look does (:

Replies

• Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between once a week to once a month.
  • kkpps
    kkpps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When on a diet, weekly for me
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    About 5-6 days a week, though the scale only seams to change once a week, unless I eat too much sodium the day before. I'm still in the losing phase, so I like making sure the weight/fat is not going up.
  • JudyAnn1982
    JudyAnn1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Once a day usually, but that is partially to see how much fluid I am retaining..
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day. I use the scale at the gym, so typically 5-6 days a week. I find that it makes me less anxious to weigh every day. Mentally, it helps me to see the little fluctuations. I no longer panic if the scales goes up a few pounds over night because I can always relate it back to either something I ate that made me bloated or time of the month. I personally feel more in control when I can see the day to day and learn how to process that data!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Once a day. For consistency, many people prefer to weigh first thing in the morning, after going to the toilet, without clothes. That's probably going to be your lowest weight of the day since you haven't had anything to eat or drink yet.

If weight fluctuations bother you, try using an app that shows you the average of your recent weights. I like Happy Scale.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Friday and Monday.
    Weighing on Friday keeps me motivated during the week.
    Weighing on Monday helps me stay on track over the previous weekend.
  • Dangitbrian
    Dangitbrian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh in every other day. I use the fitbit scale so I like all the data points I can get.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning but I don't let the number affect my mood for the day because I know how weight can fluctuate on a daily basis. Of course, it's always nice when you see it going down, though....... :wink:
  • jrae75
    jrae75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and track it on Happy Scale. Seeing the downward trend, even when the numbers themselves seem to have a mind of their own sometimes, keeps me from getting too worked up about a single number. I do flip off the scale if it shows me one I don't like, though. ;-)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I tried not weighing every day. That didn't help. I'm back to weighing every day.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Every time I'm in the bathroom.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning...I like numbers and pretty OCD anyways lol. It doesn't really affect me now if it stays the same or goes up, as long as I know I'm in the right direction that's fine with me :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Almost every day, before I get dressed ... but if I forgot to do it, I won't get undressed again to go weigh in ... It's not to see if I've 'lost' weight, it's to track water gain. Although, as the number slowly moves downward I do notice it and hope to see it (that lower number) again and then another lower one after that within the next several days. Hee-Hee.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Almost every day and I use trendweight.com to track my fluctuations and trend line of overall progress
  • Ready2befithealthy
    Ready2befithealthy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Usually the day after a great day. I hate to be a slave to the scale but I do check it a lot.