5'6 ladies, what is your goal/maintenance weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    5'6 currently 178 my goal is 135 but will be happy at 140. I am a mom of 2 and turned 40 this past July. I've been trying for 1400 calories a day but I've been enjoying the Halloween candy a little too much the past three weeks. I'm scared to step on the scale. I'd really like to be close to my goal by May but definitely by my bday in July. I enjoy working out usually strength training and recently started taking Zumba classes. I know the scale is just a number but I remember how great I felt 30-40 pds lighter. I can/will get there again!
  • lingreg2198
    lingreg2198 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’5 and my goal is 115. Currently 119
  • lingreg2198
    lingreg2198 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’5 and my goal is 115. Currently 119 and I’m 32 yrs old.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    19 years old, 5 ft 5, currently around 120-125 lbs, my goal is 115, but my UGW is 112 lbs. or 108.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    5’6” also 31, active. I looked and felt my best 3 years ago at 115lb - ran fast, lifted strong, never got comments about being too skinny. Gained weight to 130lb a year ago, currently at 127lb, want to get down to 120-123.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", age 44. A little over a year ago I had gotten down to 135 and looked and felt pretty good. My goal during that weight loss phase was 122, but that might be too low for me. I ended up losing my momentum and gained back all the weight I had lost (sigh). Back at it now, currently at 157, and my goal is to be back at 135. My ultimate goal is still to at least get under 130, but I'm not sure I'll get there.
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My goal changes all the time, but my mission for this year is to drop my BF% to about 18% so I can finally see the abs I've been working on so hard for the past 2 years. I'm not sure what my weight will be at that point but I'd guess around 130-135. I don't really weigh myself anymore but I think I'm probably around 150 at the moment.
  • Timetogetstarted
    Timetogetstarted Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 years old and 5'6. Currently weigh 139lbs but would like to get down to 133-135.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I’m just around 5’6” and a bit . My goal is 135-140. I’m currently 207. A few years ago I was down to 160 (almost a healthy BMI) but still felt I could lose a fair amount more. This year I will do it!!
  • glitterrainn
    glitterrainn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    150 at the moment. Maybe 140. Then I will decide if I want to go lower or just lift weights from there. ☺️
  • KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and 5'6". My goal is approx 138lbs. I'm currently 152 (Back UP from 142 a couple of years ago... :( ).
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm very close to being 5'6". Currently weigh 215. Goal weight 185.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm 5'6 female, 31 and have lost 40 lbs so far and am now technically in the "healthy" range by the american BMI chart. But I believe the healthy weight for me is lower than what's i'm at now.
    Please share your goal weight, or what weight are you maintaining at.

I find that I struggle to figure out what weight feels the most comfortable for me.

Thanks so much!

There is a difference between "healthy" weight and "vanity" or "personal preference". "No", to the bold part. You ARE at a healthy weight, that is a FACT, not based on your opinion. You might not be at your vanity weight, but you are at a "healthy" weight as you report per BMI.

Since you're asking for everyone else's weight, perhaps you would be willing to share your weight and your personal preference goal?

Not necessarily I had a 35" stomach at a BMI of 25 because I carry my weight around my middle, I didn't have a healthy stomach circumference of under 32" until I was at a BMI of 23, conversely some people (natural hourglass figures) will be at a healthy abdominal fat range at a higher BMI. I was pre diabetic and diagnosed with PCOS last year with a BMI of 25 and the doctor told me to lose weight because of my abdominal fat.

I now am at a healthy weight with a BMI of 22.4 I am aiming for a personal preference weight with a BMI of 21. (126 pounds 5'5")
  • Archaeologicals
    Archaeologicals Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 120, but I’d probably be happy 20-30lbs heavier than that. I’m quite pear-shaped and looked very thin in my torso, arms, and face at 170 but was still chubby in my legs, hips, and bum.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" (or so I like to say, I'm actually 5'6 and 3/4), 33, almost 34. My highest weight was around 150, which was "healthy" according to my doctor, though she would always advise me not to gain more. It took a long time to motivate myself since I knew I was in a normal weight range. But I didn't feel healthy, so after about 10 years at that weight, I started working out more (yoga and running), and lost about 20lbs. I was very happy at 130, and felt so much healthier because I was exercising and eating right. I got down to 127 while I was training for a half marathon, but 130 seems to be the best weight for me. Of course, I'm 6 lbs up now and trying to lose that to get back to my happy place at 130.

That was a very long winded answer.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    5'6.75" (I used to think I was 5'8". Maybe I was, but the weight has pushed down on my joints. Not sure.)

Honestly, 180 would be AWESOME.
    SW: 267

This thread is making me feel crazy anxious.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and my goal weight is 120. Which is, like, the lowest weight in my BMI range. I just want to see what I look like. Right now I weigh about 135. I started at 155.

Me too. Except I started at 220. Have been maintaining at 130-135, but want to try to get lean at 120-125.