Best way to season chicken?

What are some of your favorite ways to season your chicken breast without adding any extra calories?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Lemon, basil, and oregano.
    Or garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
    Really, any herbs and spices that you like.
  • I love lemon and pepper. Definitely my favorite
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I just do a bit of S&P with some garlic powder and then I have a few different bolthouse yogurt dressings that aren’t too calorific
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Kickin chickin seasoning
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    I like shredding it up and adding lime, salsa, and jalapeno sauce. I usually eat it that way with rice in a tortilla/lettuce wrap or in a quesadilla. Yum!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    It's pretty hard to pick a favorite but a this moment I'd pick jerk chicken
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    I like to marinate chicken breast in pickle juice. My family goes through a LOT of pickles, so I just save the jars and use that. It tastes like Chik-Fil-A.

oh that is an amazing idea.
    I am def trying this.
  • roxskow
    roxskow Posts: 29 Member
    Sazon!!!!!!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    I like to marinate chicken breast in pickle juice. My family goes through a LOT of pickles, so I just save the jars and use that. It tastes like Chik-Fil-A.

This is fascinating and I MUST try it!!! I love pickles, chicken, and Chick Fil A :smile:
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    I love the variety of Penzey's seasonings - currently my favorite for chicken is the Bicentennial Rub. That with some smoked paprika......yum

I am so trying the pickle juice brining suggestion from above!!
  • LetsDoulaThis2018
    LetsDoulaThis2018 Posts: 14 Member
    My latest chicken seasoning obsession is lots of garlic powder, some black pepper, light sprinkling of crushed red pepper, oregano and a splash of balsamic vinegar. I either marinate it with a little olive oil or just add the seasonings in the pan when sautéing the chicken. No added salt but has a crazy amount of flavor!!
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    I like creole seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic powder & pepper. So good!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute is very good on chicken
  • lou7538
    lou7538 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    I need to know more about the pickle marinade I'm intrigued. So you marinade raw chicken in literally just the pickle juice and then cook it anyway you would normally?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Marinate the breasts in fat free italian bottled dressings.....easy peasy!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member

Brilliant!!!
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Weber's Sweet and Tangy, I put that *kitten* on everything.
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    I get through jars of tikka paste. Use 2 tsps stirred with juice of half a lemon and marinate over night.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Tajin or Trader Joe's chili lime seasoning. Crazy Mixed Up Salt and Pepper. Mrs. Dash. Old Bay seasoning. Frank's Red Hot sauce. Sriracha.

I've heard Slap Yo Mama Cajun seasoning is good, but I haven't tried it yet.