How many calories will use lose in a cold (not ice) bath?

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    bnicksic wrote: »
    Sounds like ppl should just answer her question if they can and get off their high horses about her health..

Looks like some people should check the date, this thread is 7 years old.

And welcome to MFP. It's a terrible place where people care about other's health and not just their confined questions.

This cheered up my morning. We need a zombie emoji! :lol::lol::lol:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    swimmers are thin and muscular due to the fact they eat right and exercise :/ it has nothing to do with water temperateure.

what a load of bollucks.

OP - taking a cold bath wont do anything other than make you cold.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    swimmers are thin and muscular due to the fact they eat right and exercise :/ it has nothing to do with water temperateure.

what a load of bollucks.

OP should be over her cold by now, post is from 2011.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

what a load of bollucks.

OP should be over her cold by now, post is from 2011.

lololol well, i hope so. :P
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I have been sleeping about 18-20 hours a day for the last few days. Been sick for over a week (I naturally get sick a lot and have other health conditions so I know I don't have to see a doc). Also have asthma so... going for a walk right now is out. I walked down the stairs, looked around, and thought... nope. Not happened today.

I read to hear and thought are you fecking kidding?

you are already ill and have asthma, sitting in a cold bath for any period of time is a completely stupid idea.
    all thats gonna happen is you will probably get worse and maybe cause yourself an asthma attack.

I have asthma too and dont get why you would want to risk either of the above for the sake of burning barely any extra calories.

Just stop! you dont NEED to work out to lose weight, but you do need to rest and take care of yourself whilst ill and I take it you understand just how serious an asthma attack can be? so why risk it.

go to bed, eat what you can and get back to it once you are better

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    :D carried on reading to find out is a zombie thread, didnt even notice the date when I was reading before lol

either way I stand by what Iv said and hope anyone who reads this dont think the cold bath was a good idea
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    i think youd of burned ALOT of calories if you were still in said ice bath 7 years later, But not because of the ice bath xD

At least she's skinny if she's still in the bathtub!
    But she's definitely got more problems than the common cold.
    Doesn't the body go into fat storing mode when it's cold? I would recommend focusing on getting better, you won't be sick too much longer.

Let's hope that cold won't last more than 7 years.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    she asked a simple question whether or not if you can burn calories from cold temperatures i found my answers from the site i posted if you don't like the answer then take it up with the website, btw i have seen on doctor oz that you can burn calories from a cold ice pack for 20 mins. on the lower neck and shoulders no it obviously isn't as much as if you exercise but it does help kick your metabolism in gear, think about it your body is cold so your body has to work extra hard to warm you up which will get the blood pumping and then result in burning "some" calories. and no i dont think you should do this if you are still sick it will only make you worse... good luck and hope you are better

Bingo!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it would take more energy to keep your body cool in a hot one vs warm in a cold. I think a 10 minute walk to your mailbox might be better personally lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Not enough.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    At first I was like :huh:

Then I was :noway:

And finally, I was :laugh:

Still applicable.