Zero Calorie drinks

Options
Hello,

Yes, I agree- Calories are king in a sense of weight loss but not in nutrition sense. However, the Zero calorie drinks like ice tea and coke zero and pepsi zero and what not- are they truly zero in that sense? as in if I drank a gallon of it. It's not weight gain right?

I like to keep hydrated and yes water is a better alternative but sometimes I like something other than water.

Label does say all is zero-but just want to confirm. I am not added calories to my diet by drinking that right?

Also, how do they make it sweet by keeping it calorically zero?

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Yes they're definitely zero calories, so they add nothing to your daily total. As to the sweetness, that's likely to be listed on the label somewhere. Not usually regular sugar though.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,368 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of herbal teas & don't need sugar in them, very tastey
  • vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Alright. Thanks all. It was new flavour- Coke Zero cherry. I do not drink soda at all. I used to drink Ginger ale once in a while after consuming a whole pizza but that's about it. Once rest of my 4 abs appear then I'd be little more lax. Thanks again
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    They are a diet life saver!!
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    On the days I drink a crap ton of diet mountain dew, it adds up to like 20-30 calories. Not zero, but not significant at all.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    vm007 wrote: »
    Hello,

Yes, I agree- Calories are king in a sense of weight loss but not in nutrition sense. However, the Zero calorie drinks like ice tea and coke zero and pepsi zero and what not- are they truly zero in that sense? as in if I drank a gallon of it. It's not weight gain right?

I like to keep hydrated and yes water is a better alternative but sometimes I like something other than water.

Label does say all is zero-but just want to confirm. I am not added calories to my diet by drinking that right?

I don't know for sure if they are actually 0 cal, but they are allowed to say 0 cal if they have less than 4 calories per serving. So if you want to be safe, track how many servings you have and see if the worst case scenario (4 cals each) adds up to anything worth logging.

Coke Zero is carbonated life. I cannot WAIT for the new favors to come out :tongue:
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't know for sure if they are actually 0 cal, but they are allowed to say 0 cal if they have less than 4 calories per serving. So if you want to be safe, track how many servings you have and see if the worst case scenario (4 cals each) adds up to anything worth logging.

Coke Zero is carbonated life. I cannot WAIT for the new favors to come out :tongue:

coke zero flavors???? tell me more. I love coke zero
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hello,

coke zero flavors???? tell me more. I love coke zero

I think it's Diet Coke, rather than Coke Zero, but these are on the horizon:

dietcoke2.jpg

ah bummer. diet coke has a taste I can't get past. not that I probably wont at least try these