Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    vm007 wrote: »
    Hello,

Yes, I agree- Calories are king in a sense of weight loss but not in nutrition sense. However, the Zero calorie drinks like ice tea and coke zero and pepsi zero and what not- are they truly zero in that sense? as in if I drank a gallon of it. It's not weight gain right?

I like to keep hydrated and yes water is a better alternative but sometimes I like something other than water.

Label does say all is zero-but just want to confirm. I am not added calories to my diet by drinking that right?

Also, how do they make it sweet by keeping it calorically zero?

I don't know for sure if they are actually 0 cal, but they are allowed to say 0 cal if they have less than 4 calories per serving. So if you want to be safe, track how many servings you have and see if the worst case scenario (4 cals each) adds up to anything worth logging.

Coke Zero is carbonated life. I cannot WAIT for the new favors to come out :tongue:

coke zero flavors???? tell me more. I love coke zero

I think it's Diet Coke, rather than Coke Zero, but these are on the horizon:

dietcoke2.jpg

Lime and the Mango please.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Yes, I agree- Calories are king in a sense of weight loss but not in nutrition sense. However, the Zero calorie drinks like ice tea and coke zero and pepsi zero and what not- are they truly zero in that sense? as in if I drank a gallon of it. It's not weight gain right?

I like to keep hydrated and yes water is a better alternative but sometimes I like something other than water.

Label does say all is zero-but just want to confirm. I am not added calories to my diet by drinking that right?

I don't know for sure if they are actually 0 cal, but they are allowed to say 0 cal if they have less than 4 calories per serving. So if you want to be safe, track how many servings you have and see if the worst case scenario (4 cals each) adds up to anything worth logging.

Coke Zero is carbonated life. I cannot WAIT for the new favors to come out :tongue:

I think it's Diet Coke, rather than Coke Zero, but these are on the horizon:

dietcoke2.jpg

ah bummer. diet coke has a taste I can't get past. not that I probably wont at least try these

I'm with you, if they make it out here. I can't stand Diet Coke, but I'll take a crack. I'm also confused if it's Diet Coke PLUS those flavours, or those flavours hanging off the Diet Coke name?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would have asked myself, but sadly they are always scared to release new stuff in Canada. So im guessing it about 32 years we will get coke zero cherry.

coke zero vanilla and coke zero cherry have briefly been released in Canada - but it is always time limited. recently took a trip to the US and stocked up on coke zero vanilla - delicious!
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wendy's sales about nine flavors of Fanta Zero. It has saved me from regular Coke. I love all the flavors and for a while was having two a day. For whAtever reason it's very hard to find. The only place I've found it in a 12 pack is Amazon and it was outrageously expensive.

Worth checking out.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Darn thought they were coke zero flavors. I'll still try them though!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    kabrina30 wrote: »
    Wendy's sales about nine flavors of Fanta Zero. It has saved me from regular Coke. I love all the flavors and for a while was having two a day. For whAtever reason it's very hard to find. The only place I've found it in a 12 pack is Amazon and it was outrageously expensive.

Worth checking out.

Fanta Zero in multiple flavours??? I'm missing out!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Cherry Coke Zero has been available around here for awhile, though hard to find. I'm looking forward to the new flavors of Diet Coke too!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't like artificial sweeteners (can't stand the taste, and generally try to avoid anything that synthetic), but I do love Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea. It needs no sweetening... there's so much cinnamon in it. I also like Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma, but prefer it with a tiny splash of milk (like, 7 calories' worth).
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I would recommend still drinking some plain water every day not just diet pop.

Well, obviously.
  • Ryansworld84
    Ryansworld84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I would recommend still drinking some plain water every day not just diet pop.

Well, obviously.

I only say it because I’ve ran into people on here who claim to never drink water and only diet pop.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would have asked myself, but sadly they are always scared to release new stuff in Canada. So im guessing it about 32 years we will get coke zero cherry.

I live in Manitoba and I can get it at the co-op gas stations. It's really good!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I freaking love Cheery Coke Zero, but the only place I can get it is specialty stores and it's $18 for a pack of 12 cans...
  • Ryansworld84
    Ryansworld84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I freaking love Cheery Coke Zero, but the only place I can get it is specialty stores and it's $18 for a pack of 12 cans...

Oh my! Sounds like my beer habit!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    SteamPug wrote: »
    No harm diet wise but they’re awful for your teeth

Ever hear of a toothbrush and toothpaste?

For the record, I drink a significant amount of Pepsi Max and Diet Coke, and my dentist LOVES my teeth.

I drink coke zero all the time, at my last check up at the dentist she said "I dont even know why your here, you dont even need a de scale"

as long as you have good oral hygiene nothing is really a problem, an electric tooth brush is your best friend.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    SteamPug wrote: »
    No harm diet wise but they’re awful for your teeth
    ONLY if your oral hygiene is bad. I've drank soda for over 40 years and haven't had issues with cavities and still have strong enamel.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I agree. I've drunk diet coke every day for about 12 years and only ever had one filling my whole life.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Actuallly diet soda can affect your teeth - apparently it’s the acidity of it which wears down the enamel. Doesn’t stop me drinking bucket loads but I try not to brush my teeth immediately afterwards to avoid brushing away the softened enamel.

you shouldnt brush you teeth immediately eating or drinking anything.
    the acidic effects are the same as eating fruit, and many other things.

if people are worried eat a cube of cheese after as it brings the acid level in your mouth back to normal