Options

Replies

• WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    As long as the PM isn't creepy ...

Aw man, you mean I can't send scary stories to random people?? Now my week is ruined.

Please direct all these PMs to me

This is kind of random but have you ever read "2 sentence scary stories"? There is one that really freaks me out. It goes: Lately I have been having to clean fingerprints off the outside of my window every morning. I live on the 3rd floor.

Not sure why but it gives me the creeps.

I love those.

"Every night my daughter wakes me up, screaming. I've been to her grave to ask her to stop, but she won't."

I got goosebumps
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    This is what I would prefer:
    If you want to sell something don't PM.
    If you want to criticize someone's lifestyle or eating habits don't PM.
    If you want to exchange pictures or flirt don't PM. Not a dating site.
    If you want to ask a question that is relavent to a discussion post in the thread or start a new thread about the point in question.
    If you want to ask a specific question unrelated to a discussion or offer some personal supportive message then PM. If someone replies positively to your message it is pretty nice to acknowledge that. Like if you called someone and asked a question and got an answer you'd say thanks before hanging up.
    If you want to add a friend it is nice to send a message introducing yourself.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options

Thanks for doing that @elphie754. I was going to ask for more but didn't want to derail.

Cheers, h.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You can't send a "private message" to a person online and trust it to stay private.

If it can be copied and pasted to a public discussion with @abbefaria4 as the author and you can then see it and you can be pleased that the whole world can see it, then it's probably ok.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I would add not to send unsolicited advice via PM. I had a "friend" that would comment on my diary and tell me that I could improve my weight loss by eating the way that she did. I didn't ask for help and don't believe that her advice was helpful anyways. Very annoying.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love getting messages and supporting one another. But please please no talk about anything sexual!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Now I have creeps too. And I’m wondering how one would get to the outside of those wi Dow’s to clean them.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    #1 etiquette tip: Don't send pics of your junk.

I feel like this should be rule #1 everywhere, because clearly people are confused these days.

I once had a guy on another site pm me a pic of his duck and asked me to rate it out of 10....... how on earth does one respond to that other than to laugh
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Civil, Respectful, and appropriate.

Also, If it could have been included in part of the flow of conversation in the thread, include it.

If it's a random tangent or specific detailed question, NBD. Although I still prefer to keep it public, since other people might be interested in the flow.

Yeah, and no Junk pictures...

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher That was so funny!!

The first five times :unamused:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    @Tacklewasher That was so funny!!

The first five times :unamused:

It's all I've got so ppbbbbbhhhhh!!!!!!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    As long as the messages are not about the things I listed I'm not here for in my profile I'm good.

Here is my list.

Things I'm not here for, MLM schemes, Dating, "Clean eating" ,body shaming, diet shaming, Bro Science, Dating.

If you send a message about any of ^^^^^ I ignore. I don't check messages often. I just come here to log my food and look in here to help myself stay on track and motivated. sometimes it takes a while for me to get back to people as I don't use the social aspect of my home page much.
This discussion has been closed.