Burnin Thru Augus(Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    check, check, check for today. Had to make up for a lot yesterday! :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm good on water and lunges. I'm not sure on cals. I think I did well but I haven't logged yet. I had dinner at a friends and I'm too tired to figure it out tonight. I'll do it tomorrow.

Also, I did all 6 exercises for the week!
  • Windedhl
    Windedhl Posts: 17
    Options
    drank all my water
    ate under my calorie goal
    did my exercise

go three points for the team ^_^
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Heeeeyyyy team i havent checked in since thursday morning... this weekend has been ridiuclous. Plz forgive me and i will catch up with all messages, ect 2mrw. Good work everybdoy!!
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Saturday
    Water check
    Calories over
    Exercises no....I started and felt like crap

Did lose 2 pounds this week ( I don't know how) LOL

Weight : 263
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Week 2

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within!
    This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.
    Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    Congratulations frg and S for the weight loss! You guys rock!

Well I managed to stay under yesterday! It was touch-and-go...Lol. Got my water and exercise.

My weigh in is: 167.4 which means I lost exactly 3 lbs!
  • frg4bama
    Options
    Let's try REALLY HARD to all stay under this week.

I won't slip if you don't slip LOL

I don't wanna be the first but, sadly I don't mind being the second.

WHO'S in for our own little group challenge?
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    A 100 MILE WALK! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Even if we divded that across our 20 team mates thats 5 miles each!! My thighs were itching and burning after the ONE mile i did last week! WHA THA FRICK! Can it be spread across the week and can we include the 2 miles that are already asked of us in the daily exercises (Days 2 & 6)??

Also exactly what is the point in posting a recipe? Whats the reason and incentive behind that :huh:
  • SCC88
    Options
    I don't wanna be the first but, sadly I don't mind being the second.

WHO'S in for our own little group challenge?

I dont really stuggle to stay under my kcals because if I want to eat something bad enough I will log it in advance on the next day and tell myself for the rest of the day that I can have what I want tomorrow. Then I can fit my kcals around it.

Exercise is my low point. I work HARD for four days a week (10.5 hrs a day) as a waitress and spend the rest of the time being a lazy *kitten* and most days I dont even get out of my PJ's LOL!! I found last weeks exercise challenges slighlty annoying and inconvienent to my routine of being a lazy *kitten* LOL but I pulled my thumb out ... this weeks challenges ... ouchy to my eyes!

But *sigh* I'm not a quitter and we're already a quater through august ... so bring it on! ... I guess lol! xx
  • frg4bama
    Options
    LOL! I know what you man about the exercises getting in the way of us being lazy... I feel the same way

Well, I have this quirk about being brutally honest with my diary and even if I go over 2000 calories, I will log it...only cheating myself if i lie. Right? So, I really struggle with self control, if i know I am the one causing the team to lose bonus points by eating "xyz"..I won't eat it. But as soon as someone went over last week, I was like "oh well, screw it! Won't matter if I go over" so, I guess I want the challenge for all of us (but really me) :) Did anyone else feel like that last week?
  • frg4bama
    Options
    Oh yeah, 100 mile walk?? In a day or for the week?
  • SCC88
    Options
    LOL! I know what you man about the exercises getting in the way of us being lazy... I feel the same way

Well, I have this quirk about being brutally honest with my diary and even if I go over 2000 calories, I will log it...only cheating myself if i lie. Right? So, I really struggle with self control, if i know I am the one causing the team to lose bonus points by eating "xyz"..I won't eat it. But as soon as someone went over last week, I was like "oh well, screw it! Won't matter if I go over" so, I guess I want the challenge for all of us (but really me) :) Did anyone else feel like that last week?

I see what you're saying and being honest is a good thing, I don't lie on my diary either. You should try out my tactic and see if it helps you to succeed though. E.g: You've eaten all your kcals for the day and you really wana eat that snickers thats sneaking in the back of the cupboard. It's not a great choice but it's a one off right!? Well then just tell yourself, "TOMORROW" and go to bed early. Then the next day after breakfast it's down to you - you can eat the snickers now that you have the kcals for it, or you can decide "No. My will power is switched on today" and choose not to :-) xx
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    100 mile walk betweeen us all in 1 week. That is 5miles per person. Can u we do it?! I think we can!!!
  • frg4bama
    Options
    I am in on the 5 miles.

Jennifer
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Okay because I dont have my computer in town with me I need your guys help...

I know im captain & im sorry i am about to ask so much of you guys....

BUT I need to you guys to send me something via inbox stating:

1 point for each daily exercise you did
    and
    Your weight loss amount

Im not going to ask about the water intake or staying under our calories because unfotunatly all of us have a bad day every once in awhile. :o)

I am very proud of you guys regardless and thank you for being patient with a captain that is going thru a crisis. Ugh....
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    I am totally in for the 5 miles/per person!! We can sooooo do this!!!

I lost .2 pounds :(

I know it's still a loss but it's the smallest loss I have had since I started... I think it might be because I am feeling bloated and haven't felt that well for 2 days...
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    congratulations on everyone's weight loss ! remember , you could have also gained muscle weight.

i lost 1lb. !
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    I am in for the 5 miles! Eeeks....did I just say that? Going to be tough with all these extra exercises but I will do my darndest. I do think adding all these extra exercises the 2nd week went a little excessive. For people that have been exercising, it's probably nothing, but for me who just started exercising last week after not doing it for a few years, it's a little too much to add things so quickly. I was good with the 1 exercise a day to start, and would have thought adding maybe 1 extra this week on M-W-F or something would have been better for those of us that are just getting started with the extra walking challenge.

Ok, I'm done whining now......for the moment..... :laugh:
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    staying under the calorie intake isnt hard for me , its the water part lol .

i literally have to force myself to drink 8 glasses of water a day. its not like i dont love it , im just not thirsty .