Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• VixenMerai
    VixenMerai Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So, I started using this app called Walk to Mordor and I'm loving it! So far I've walked from Hobbitton to Tookland and am now 12.42 miles away from Encounter with the Black Rider.
    With the app you log your miles (or km) and it calculates them into where you would be on the journey that Frodo and Sam took in LOTR. :) The whole journey is 1,932 miles which is gonna be over a year for me. :o
    Who wants to travel with me?

WHAT. THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER. But I don't have anything that counts my steps. Also...I'm not overly active at the moment
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    fostersu wrote: »
    Love it. Setting up now.

Welcome to the fellowship! Glad to have you along for the journey!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    This is such a neat app! I've got it downloaded - now I'm just waiting for the weather to break so I can start walking :)

A pipe dream of mine would be to find an app with a map of Middle Earth and the mileage between various locations marked so you could pick a place you wanted to start and place you wanted to go with maybe a little pop up at certain milestones with quotes or random encounters :) So I could, for example, travel from Bree to the Iron Hills or walk the length of Gondor with some of the random encounters describing scenes that I might see, or surprise run ins with elves or dwarves or even little surprise encounters like running into a band of pirates around Dol Amroth or goblins while crossing the High Pass.

I know, that's a huge project and shows that I'm a total geek, but a person can dream, right? lol

Welcome to the fellowship. And that would be an awesome project! I would love it!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    VixenMerai wrote: »
    Hey everyone! So, I started using this app called Walk to Mordor and I'm loving it! So far I've walked from Hobbitton to Tookland and am now 12.42 miles away from Encounter with the Black Rider.
    With the app you log your miles (or km) and it calculates them into where you would be on the journey that Frodo and Sam took in LOTR. :) The whole journey is 1,932 miles which is gonna be over a year for me. :o

WHAT. THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER. But I don't have anything that counts my steps. Also...I'm not overly active at the moment

The active thing you can change, it's just a mindset. And you can get cheap fitbits on eBay if you want one. :smile: I know all about excuses, I made them for waaay to long. You can do it!
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    1.8 Miles today
    13.51 Miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)

Nice job. Almost identical numbers for me. 1.86 miles today.

15.02 miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)

Great job! :)

fostersu wrote: »
    Love it. Setting up now.

Welcome to the Fellowship! :)
    This is such a neat app! I've got it downloaded - now I'm just waiting for the weather to break so I can start walking :)

A pipe dream of mine would be to find an app with a map of Middle Earth and the mileage between various locations marked so you could pick a place you wanted to start and place you wanted to go with maybe a little pop up at certain milestones with quotes or random encounters :) So I could, for example, travel from Bree to the Iron Hills or walk the length of Gondor with some of the random encounters describing scenes that I might see, or surprise run ins with elves or dwarves or even little surprise encounters like running into a band of pirates around Dol Amroth or goblins while crossing the High Pass.

I know, that's a huge project and shows that I'm a total geek, but a person can dream, right? lol

I've been waiting for the 'weather to break' for months. Lol I have severe cold intolerance (and heat intolerance) due to a medical illness and I live in the Midwestern United States. I just walk back and forth in my tiny apartment. *shrugs* gotta do what ya gotta do. Music helps. :D

That app sounds amazing! I would download it in a heartbeat. :)
    VixenMerai wrote: »

There are apps you can get for your phone to count your steps, or you can use apps such as Map My Run or Map My Walk. Also, you don't need to be overly active. This isn't a short-term project by any means unless you plan on completing it by doing marathons. Though, you could use this to become more active...
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    So I definetly fell behind being sick among other things, so Im committed to trying to get at least 3 miles a day!
    Options
    So I definetly fell behind being sick among other things, so Im committed to trying to get at least 3 miles a day!

I hope you are feeling better!
  • lowjax75
    Options

Get better soon! I was wondering where you were.
  • laurenebargar
    Options

Get better soon! I was wondering where you were.

Finally better! I wound up getting pneumonia, but I am finally feeling great again.
    27.78 Miles until Midgewaters Marshes (west)!
  • laurenebargar
    Options

I am thank you so much, happy to be back and active on this thread again missed all of you! <3
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Finally better! I wound up getting pneumonia, but I am finally feeling great again.
    27.78 Miles until Midgewaters Marshes (west)!

Pneumonia?!?! That's terrible. Happy you are back to your normal self again!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I just seen this and just downloaded the app.
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    607 miles to go to Mount Doom. Then, of course, I have to turn around and head home!
  • lowjax75
    Options

Welcome to the fellowship! Happy to have more people onboard!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    607 miles to go to Mount Doom. Then, of course, I have to turn around and head home!

Awesome job! Way to go!
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Someone is working on an app on another site ;)

3.1 miles today

4.23 miles to midgewater marshes east
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Joshearing wrote: »

3.1 miles today

Great job!

And what is this info about another app??

• Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

3.1 miles today

Great job!

Not sure if its ok to mention the website but a lotr forum im on a guy is working on an app to show on a map the route you are walking
  • lowjax75
    Options

Not sure if its ok to mention the website but a lotr forum im on a guy is working on an app to show on a map the route you are walking

Ok, thanks for the info. Not sure if it can be shared publicly or not.
    Options

I am thank you so much, happy to be back and active on this thread again missed all of you! <3

I'm glad you're feeling better. Welcome back! <3
    TEQWAR wrote: »

WOW! Great job! B)

3.1 miles today

3.1 miles today

Great job!

Oh that's cool! I'll definitely have to download it when it comes out. :#

Great job on the miles today!