Etiquette on PMs?

Options

Replies

• DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Don't send a PM to a woman that says "Hey, hi, or you're sexy" or anything like that. Just don't.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Don't send a PM to a woman Anyone that says "Hey, hi, or you're sexy" or anything like that. Just don't.

FIFY
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would add not to send unsolicited advice via PM. I had a "friend" that would comment on my diary and tell me that I could improve my weight loss by eating the way that she did. I didn't ask for help and don't believe that her advice was helpful anyways. Very annoying.

Who has that kind of time on their hands? I barely have a grip on my own eating, much less the time, worry, or care to tell someone else what I think of theirs!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Always ask if they have KIK or whatever other SM chat app you might have because that's the best way to show you aren't creepy at all. :trollface:

I think the biggest thing is remember that you are talking to a stranger and that politeness and proper social distance is important. Yes, things sometimes do come out of MFP, I think we all know that, but that also means that a lot of people, particularly women, are on guard because they've been hit on several times before so don't come across as if you expect anything.

Yeah, and any dick pics better be Tracy, Nickson or Van *kitten*. Actually, I didn't even know we could attach pics on the PM's here.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    We all know it happens, women should be able to talk publicly about that time of the month! It shouldn't be taboo!

I do. In fact, I'm hoping this is my last vagina bleed until menopause since I got an IUD this week.

Woah woah woah

HelpfulAnchoredGermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

Yeah, TMI ROFL, point was made well.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Back to PMs.

I've read a good few comments from people complaining that they've received unwanted offers to do on-line training (for a fee) because they posted a question asking about training programs, or nutrition counseling because of diet questions. It should go without saying, completely inappropriate - to the degree of reportable.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know it's been said, but I just really do not understand why some people think it's OK to send sexy messages to complete strangers. Honestly, how often could that possibly have worked for it to become a thing??
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Back to PMs.

I've read a good few comments from people complaining that they've received unwanted offers to do on-line training (for a fee) because they posted a question asking about training programs, or nutrition counseling because of diet questions. It should go without saying, completely inappropriate - to the degree of reportable.

I've had a few PM's from "coaches" from a MLM I won't name. I find it annoying because I'm not here to buy a product.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Katerbels wrote: »
    I know it's been said, but I just really do not understand why some people think it's OK to send sexy messages to complete strangers. Honestly, how often could that possibly have worked for it to become a thing??

Right? I don't see how that works on relationship sites, let alone a weight management / fitness site!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

I've always wondered the success rate and assumed 0% was a pretty good guess, but what do I know I usually get all boring and say "Hi".
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Apparently you haven't visited the Chit Chat Fun & Games section on this site?

I would advise against it as a general rule.

That's another beast completely, and it's, how you might say, a much lower barrier crowd.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Haha wow...
This discussion has been closed.