Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The plague has found my house courtesy of my adorable little preschooler. I only had 2,000 steps yesterday and not looking much better today! Darn kids.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @genpopadopolous . Hope you feel better soon!
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    The plague has found my house courtesy of my adorable little preschooler. I only had 2,000 steps yesterday and not looking much better today! Darn kids.

I hope you and the adorable little preschooler feel better soon!
    Options
    1.78 Miles today
    11.73 Miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have a silly question. I don't typically count my steps in a day as exercise. I do always aim to hit my step goal, but don't count reaching it as excercise that I document in my food/exercise diary, unless it was part of a work out (like running). Do most people count their normal daily steps toward the journey? Not that it matters, I know folks can use this app however it suits them! I'm just curious. :)
  • its1230atnight
    its1230atnight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need this so badly. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    I have a silly question. I don't typically count my steps in a day as exercise. I do always aim to hit my step goal, but don't count reaching it as excercise that I document in my food/exercise diary, unless it was part of a work out (like running). Do most people count their normal daily steps toward the journey? Not that it matters, I know folks can use this app however it suits them! I'm just curious. :)

I use all of my steps towards the app, in the morning I go into my fitbit app and then add my total miles from the day before into my Walk to Mordor app.

Not sure if this is how everyone else uses it but it works for me!
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options

I do.

My exercise is almost exclusively resistance training- I do very little walking/running. So at the end of the day I see how far my fitbit says I have traveled and put that in. Otherwise it would take me like 8 years to get to the Grey Wood.
  • lowjax75
    Options

Glad to have you onboard!

I am the same as @laurenebargar and @genpopadopolous . I add in all of my steps for the day. Usually I do it at night after I've jumped into bed and won't be walking anymore.
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I started using the app before i got my fitbit so i still use mapmyrun to record when i go for a walk.

6.23 miles today

40 miles to weathertop
    Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

You're welcome! Welcome to the Fellowship! :)

I count mine. At the end of the day I go into my Garmin and count how many miles it says I did that day and put that in. I set myself a minimum step goal that I try to hit every day (unless I'm really sick). Some days my daily walk is just hitting that step goal and then I'm done. :( Other days I'm able to go farther. :) If I just counted actual exercise it would take me forever.
    Joshearing wrote: »
    I started using the app before i got my fitbit so i still use mapmyrun to record when i go for a walk.

6.23 miles today

40 miles to weathertop

Wow that's a lot of miles! Great job!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    I don’t think I knew you had a garmin @Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix . I have almost no friends there. Mind if I add you?
    Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    2.04 Miles today

9.69 Miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)

----
    @lowjax75 That would be great! I go by Faelwyn on Connect. :) NVM you already sent me a request. LOL Small world - we live in the same state. :D
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    2.13 miles today

37.87 miles to weathertop
    Options
    Joshearing wrote: »
    2.13 miles today

37.87 miles to weathertop

Nice job! :)
    Options
    2.01 Miles today

7.68 Miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)
  • lowjax75
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @lowjax75 That would be great! I go by Faelwyn on Connect. :) NVM you already sent me a request. LOL Small world - we live in the same state. :D

Yep, small world!

Does anyone else in the fellowship have a Garmin also?
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think it will also take me forever if I don't log my normal steps. But I'm going to try for now. It'll encourage me to run more. :)

Made it to Tookland on Thursday, then went for a great 7+ mile hike on Saturday! 17.6 miles until the encounter with the black rider.
    Options
    I think it will also take me forever if I don't log my normal steps. But I'm going to try for now. It'll encourage me to run more. :)

Made it to Tookland on Thursday, then went for a great 7+ mile hike on Saturday! 17.6 miles until the encounter with the black rider.

Great job! That's quite a hike.
    Options
    So, apparently I was captured by the trolls yesterday.... :s

0.41 Miles yesterday
    7.27 Miles to Midgewater Marshes (East)