2»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    On what planet does shoveling equate to lifting weights?
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Do you have to move the snow everyday? I live in Australia and I don’t see snow. I think my heart would break if I spent two hours moving it to wake up the next day and have to do it all over again.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    Do you have to move the snow everyday? I live in Australia and I don’t see snow. I think my heart would break if I spent two hours moving it to wake up the next day and have to do it all over again.

Depends where you are. For example, I live in north western Canada and my rural driveway is 150ft long. I only had to plow it twice this year.

I never touch a shovel, I use a Polaris Sportsman 700 ATV with a snow blade.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    aalcon wrote: »
    GYM first shovel later!! Double workout means ice cream later

Other way around. Shovel first then gym. Gotta get out of the driveway first.

And it's for hot chocolate, not ice cream. Last thing I want is something cold.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, only more snow, colder and multiple times a day.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Do you have to move the snow everyday?

yeah, it grows back *waits to see if the aussie will fall for it*
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Do you have to move the snow everyday?

yeah, it grows back *waits to see if the aussie will fall for it*

And if you don't shovel it quickly, then it starts to reproduce on its own. Can't be trusted on its own out there :wink:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

OK--snow lesson. You have to shovel after it snows. Why? because if you don't, and the temp drops, it melts a bit and becomes slush, which when it freezes overnite becomes ice and very slippery. It's also almost impossible to get ice off your sidewalk, so better to do it when it's fresh. Many towns have ordinances that order you to shovel your walks, so they won't get dangerous.
    If it stops snowing, you don't have to shovel anymore, unless....it gets very windy and blows the snow back on your walks or roads, usually in drifts.
    Those are the basics. When it snows for days on end you get a good workout. And thus the "snowblower" was born.

PS: Some sidewalks are not flat, they are on hills and therefore even more dangerous if not cleaned.