JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    JFT: January 17
    Exercise--20 minute video-- :s --but did walk over 7500 steps!
    Practice organ for 30" --(not a high priority)--only 5 minutes--
    Study chapter on botany :) slow going; very technical stuff
    Write notes and pay bills: :):)
    Drink 5-8 glasses of water :/ only three, but there's a little time before bed to add one more
    Log all food :)
    Hair appointment :)
    Shopping for household items:)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    JFT:
    I thought I had recorded this list this morning, but I must have forgotten to hit "Post Reply"
    I hate it when I do that.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Well I’m 34 weeks today, my growth scan last week estimated the baby to be about 4lb 1. But even that buts baby on the 10th percentile which is the low end of average baby size so I think all in all I’m looking at a 6/7lb baby again! So I don’t know why it’s so uncomfortable this time!

I can see my tummy moving from the outside now, which is pretty cool lol my partner finds it creepy haha

Anyway I’ve also just been sent to sleep on the sofa again! Acid reflux making me cough!
    It’s like 3.45am lol!! All I’ve got now is the rabbit banging his feet in his cage! Yay for me!

Fortunately milk has helped with the reflux!

Remember, I am (and was when I was pregnant, 5'11" tall -- so I always had big babies! Our daughter was 8lb, 8oz! So you don't have nearly as much room for that little girl in your tummy like I did! I always loved it when I could see them moving from the outside. I still remember when I could clearly make out the little feet - really awesome! But 3:45 am!!! BEX --- get some sleep!!!!!!! I feel for you, and hope that you won't read this till morning -- meaning you are getting some sleep! Have you tried eating some saltine crackers? Hope you feel better. Hugs, my friend <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I think this will be terrific. It looks like I will have two remote teams to manage, in California and New York. I am in Florida. That will be a new thing for me.

My poor DIL tested positive for the A flu. I was able to help her Monday and Tuesday. Poor dear. The baby seems to be in the clear. <3

Congrats on the new job!!!! And hope your DIL gets better soon. There a lot of flu going around!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 @OConnell5483 How are you getting on with the Beck diet solution? Haven't seen you mention it lately, though I might have missed posts!

I'm about to start day 21... Losing a little bit of motivation though, don't agree with quite everything she says (though that might be my unhelpful thoughts talking....)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Recap W 1/17
    1) Treadmill 3 miles before work / 50:14 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,343 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 hours (boom!) & 32 floors :smiley:
    3) Make root vegetable stew for supper & have w/ salad / net calories green = Net calories & sodium green, sugar red (a little), 25g fiber (yay!) & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Make cranberry banana bread...need to use up fruit! = Done & brought to work so I don't eat it all! :D
    5) At least 1 more item on to-do list = Yep :smiley: but finished later than planned/wanted :#
    6) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15...doing well flossing / retainers, but as soon as they are struck from list :# = Another later than I wanted evening, so 3x nope :s:s:s

JFT R 1/18 - Non-treadmill day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Workplace snowshoe hike at lunch, not sure there is enough snow after big melt last week
    3) Brought lunch to work & meals/snacks planned out / net calories green
    4) Evening: choir, Target, gas in car, at least 1 item on to-do list
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

Last week I attended a talk called The Skinny on Belly Fat by a registered dietitian. She mentioned the average woman should have 25g of fiber daily. I'm going to start monitoring that...wish MFP made that visible in diary (when on computer). I can only find it in the print version of my diary on the computer, know it's in Nutrition on my phone.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Recap W 1/17
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,343 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 hours (boom!) & 32 floors :smiley:
    3) Make root vegetable stew for supper & have w/ salad / net calories green = Net calories & sodium green, sugar red (a little), 25g fiber (yay!) & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Make cranberry banana bread...need to use up fruit! = Done & brought to work so I don't eat it all! :D
    5) At least 1 more item on to-do list = Yep :smiley: but finished later than planned/wanted :#
    6) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15...doing well flossing / retainers, but as soon as they are struck from list :# = Another later than I wanted evening, so 3x nope :s:s:s

2) Workplace snowshoe hike at lunch, not sure there is enough snow after big melt last week

Last week I attended a talk called The Skinny on Belly Fat by a registered dietitian. She mentioned the average woman should have 25g of fiber daily. I'm going to start monitoring that...wish MFP made that visible in diary (when on computer). I can only find it in the print version of my diary on the computer, know it's in Nutrition on my phone.

I think you can set fiber as one of your micros - then it shows up in your diary. At least it does for me when I'm on Chrome?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Recap W 1/17

I think you can set fiber as one of your micros - then it shows up in your diary. At least it does for me when I'm on Chrome?

Usually don't go to Settings, so didn't think of that. Done! Fiber now easily tracked. :smiley: Thanks for the tip @clicketykeys!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I only have 5 minutes before my next meeting. This has been a busy week! I love it! I'm learning so much in this new job!

Yesterday I met with my Cardiologist for my annual check up. I had damage to my heart from one of the chemo medications i was on, which is now reversed and I'm good again. But I still have to follow up yearly and take a few pills for it. anyway, I'm heavier than I have ever been, aside from pregnancy. She was really happy to hear I transitioned to a new job that is less stressful because she said stress is so bad for your heart, and your whole self really. And she said to hop on my treadmill more often to start getting some weight off. I felt embarrassed but happy at the same time.

I will hop on later to read up on everyone and see how you're doing!

Just for Thursday:
    • JOURNAL EVERY BITE
    • < 29 g sugar
    • < 75 g carbs
    • <HYDRATE with WATER
    • Activity. Stay on treadmill longer than last time. Even a minute is more.
    • Lift hand weights. 10 reps each set
    • Be grateful. Be patient. Be kind even to myself.
    • Read in my different books I have going and journal in gratitude journal.
    • Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcasts.
    • Take a real lunch today and leave the building. Get some fresh air.
    • Prep for tomorrow, tonight.
    • Be in bed by 9:00 pm and sleeping at 10.
    • Get up without hitting snooze!!!

Have a great day!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Soooo, I haven't been on this board long enough for you to notice my absence the last *cough* four days. It. Was. Bad. And the scale this morning showed it. :(

So, I'm back. Much chagrined.
    JFT:
    Log everything
    stay green in calories and carbs (under 30?)
    80 oz water
    swim 1000 yards--challenge bc it's freaking cold out. Hard to convince myself to get in water when it's so cold outside. Although, the hot tub or steam is certainly an incentive...
    Tonight is crochet/knitting group at church. I'm done with my last crochet project and want to try to learn to knit. again.

Aha!
    I knew someone was missing I just couldn’t think who lol it’s definitely been quieter the last few days!!

And now I know it’s you I’ll be watching hahahah
    You should ask @joan6630 what I’m like with her haha she can’t get away with nothing!!

It’s good you came back though :)

What crochet project have you just finished :)?

HA!! that's what everyone says when i'm gone from somewhere. I just finished my husband's KC royals hat, along with a peppa pig hat and baby groot for christmas presents. This is the last time i'm going to attempt knitting. I've tried before and not been able to get the knack. So if i can't get it this time, I will accept that knitting is not my thing and go cheerfully back to crochet.

YouTube knitting projects! I learnt ALL my crochet from YouTube. And now if I get a pattern and I’m like wtf is a hdc I just YouTube it and then I know and I can carry on lol!
    Once I’ve “mastered” crochet, I’m gonna do knitting :)
    My stomach has been so sore today, like my actual stomach, anything I eat or drink (even water) makes it hurt for a little bit after as soon as if reached it, it feels very tender and sensitive.

Pretty sure it's not baby-related but was wondering if anyone has had this before (it's possible I've ate something dodgy yesterday but I've not felt sick at all but do feel "off") and what can i do to soothe it? I tried peppermint tea this morning but it didnt really help, like I said even water makes it hurt?

The days nearly over here but any advice is welcomed!

I would check with the dr. Better to be safe at this stage in your pregnancy.

Yeah I think you’re right, now I’m thinking it could be the baby because all my organs are basically crushed now lol!
    Going to go on Friday I think..

When i had a stomach ache with my first ( and second, but that's not my point) it turned out i had preemclampsia and HELLP syndrome. Kristian was born at 33 weeks and we both nearly died. Your body hurting is telling you something, don't wait.

Haha nice! Just scare the €rap out of me why don’t you lol! Sounds scary though, so far all my bloods and urine samples have been fine, I have midwife appointments and scans next week too.

I’m meant to be going tomorrow to see a consultant about low thyroid results but I’m not walking for an hour for then to wait an hour to then be told to “take more thyroxine” they must think I have “mug” written on my forehead!
    I’m going to get them to call me instead and discuss it over the phone. They only accuse me of not taking my meds’ anyway. I’ve not got on with my hospital very much this pregnancy lol!

It will have to be Friday, I’m too busy tomorrow. Got a breastfeeding support group, nursery drop off and collection and got to fill in some very important health benefit forms with my partner!

And we’ve only got 62 miles left in the car and no spare money for petrol til next week! So I’ve got to walk lol!

But I promise I’ll take your advice and ring first thing Friday morning x

Just be careful, love.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, It looks like you guys are all doing a fantastic job.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Except I was freaking tired.

JFT (Wednesday)

13k Steps :)
    10 cups water :)
    Amazing Race arms Grr nope
    Stay in the green :) Was 78 over before exercise calories, but plus 200 after
    Laundry folded and put away :)
    No refined sugar (this is going to be so hard.) I did it.
    100 Minutes exercise (half way there) And that was it.

JFT (Thursday)

13k Steps
    10 cups water
    Amazing Race arms
    Stay in the green
    No refined sugar (this is going to be so hard.)
    100 Minutes exercise

@chemjenny The amazing race arms is a challenge I am doing. This week we have to do arm exercises 3 times.