JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I basically fell way off the wagon Sunday evening and Monday. Today's better but not going great. So back at it tomorrow.
    JFT 1/10/18
    Wake up at 5.
    Exercise
    Eat breakfast
    Pack healthy lunch and snacks.
    Work.
    Meet my step goal.
    Healthy dinner.
    No late night snacking.
    Bedtime routine.
    In bed by 10
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    chemjenny wrote: »

Question: I used to be really motivated to exercise, but I seem to have lost it. The cold here hasn’t helped. How have you exercised at home? Videos? Equipment? I need something new to try.

I have an elliptical at home and I use a DVD for yoga. Before my pregnancy, I used the Brazilian Butt Lift Exercise DVDs, Zumba DVDs, and regular yoga DVDs.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    YouTube, mostly. Zumba, yoga, and some bodyweight for strength.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    TUesday, Jan 9
    1. log all food :)
    2. eat only planned foods :)
    3. carry my water bottle with me :) Doing much better with the water -- helps so much having a nice water bottle!
    4. brush and floss teeth after dinner to keep from snacking. It is so much work to brush and floss, so when I do this, it makes me stop and think about eating :)
    5. drink flavored water in the evenings. Something better than just plain water, and hoping it keeps me from snacking. :/ NO ..... but drinking plain water tonite!
    6. read simple abundance ... write in journal 5 things I am grateful for :)
    76. Get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Wed 1/9
    1. log all food
    2. be mindful of what I eat. Ask myself.... are the calories worth it .... and think
    3. when craving something .... wait 10 minutes..... sort out sock drawer. If I still want it.... then have it
    4. drink water
    5. get back on here ... be accountable
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Treadmill in basement as long as roads are snow-covered. Also have WiiFit, which needs new batteries since I haven't used it in forever. Hubby has weight machine that I have used, should start again during winter, but haven't. I'm noticing a bunch of haven't's. Hmmm.
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 I love listening to bbc radio 4 - not sure you can access easily in the states. But there’s loads of comedy, news, politics and arts shows to listen to. Someone on here also mentioned the optimal health daily and optimal living daily podcasts- which I’ve just started to explore. Some interesting ones I think- perfect for a walk...
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    chemjenny wrote: »
    Question: I used to be really motivated to exercise, but I seem to have lost it. The cold here hasn’t helped. How have you exercised at home? Videos? Equipment? I need something new to try.

I use YouTube.
    If you have a smart TV or even an Amazon fire stick or your set top box has it then that’s the best thing I’ve found!

I don’t have ANY equipment. Not even a mat or a weight or anything so I mainly do cardio, but dance cardio because i find it more fun. I like watching PopSugar videos.

And when I really didn’t want to do it because I had no motivation I would put it on the telly (as if I was just going to watch it) and when it was on I felt the urge to move lol.

@MLHC1 I forgot to tell you, I never managed to use that yoga thing you sent, I couldn’t get access it. When I went on the page to download the digital copy it said “page not found” so god knows what’s going on there. But I’ve only got 7 weeks left now so you can still use it as I haven’t activated the code! Thank you though!