Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Round 2 of chicken pox.
    Yippee for me.
    Hope Marley deals with it a bit better, saying that she is a massive drama queen for an 18m old!

I am so sorry to hear you have to go through another round of that! At least you've had recent practice. :D

A little off topic but what is the relationship between shingles and getting the chickenpox vaccine? Do they use the chickenpox vaccine in the UK? Pediatricians in the u.s. push it pretty hard. I'm not against vaccinations by the way. If I as an adult get the shingles vaccine but I had chickenpox as a kid is the shingles vaccine the same as the chickenpox vaccine? So many questions...
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 what did the dr say?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »

Not been yet! I had to change it to a telephone call because my youngest got chicken pox and her temperature has just shot up now so can’t take her with me. She’s just been on the sofa for the last 2 hours. So they’re gonna ring me later!
  • missheidi
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    missheidi wrote: »

Not been yet! I had to change it to a telephone call because my youngest got chicken pox and her temperature has just shot up now so can’t take her with me. She’s just been on the sofa for the last 2 hours. So they’re gonna ring me later!

poor baby. keep us updated. how do you feel today?
  • missheidi
    Options
    where do i go to request a friend add? am i just blind?
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    1/19 Friday JFT:

▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ▪Breakfast w/ hubby :heart:
    ▪Clean up house a bit & Laundry
    ▪Work on Research Abstract - ☆Priority
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Elliptical
    ▪Stretch
    ▪Mailbox
    ▪Wm - pick up oil
    ▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ▪Pick up teen from track
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa I hadn’t thought of that. It could be that, or the increase amount of exercise, or only getting 6 hours of sleep a night. Although 2 times this week I got 8 hours of sleep.

@junodog I believe they are 2 different vaccinations. I do know that your chances of getting shingles increases if you have had chicken pox. You can also get chicken pox again, if you were really young, or had a very mild case.

@bex953172 Yikes another case. At least it isn’t after the little one was born. I got CP when I was 3 weeks old. My big sister brought them home.  Lots of baths sound good. My kids always love bath time.

JFT (Thursday)

13k Steps nope 9k 
    10 cups water Yep 
    Amazing Race arms Yep 
    Stay in the green Yep  Surprisingly
    No refined sugar (this is going to be so hard.) Yep
    100 Minutes exercise only 50 

JFT (Friday)

13k Steps
    10 cups water
    Amazing Race arms Yep 
    Stay in the green
    100 Minutes exercise
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Yeah, I've struggled with the cards as well. I struggle to find time to remember to read them! I have notifications on my phone to remind me, but the problem is I have quite a lot of notifications and when I'm busy at work I don't even look at my phone and then come back to find 20 notifications....!

There are some bits I've found really helpful though. There's a day where you skip lunch to let yourself realise what hunger is like and that it's not that terrible. Since then, I've been much better at putting up with hunger and not doing preventative snacking!

She also gets you to plan your day's eating in advance and then stick to it, no matter what. This has helped a lot, but I'm struggling with the fact that you're meant to never change your mind and deviate from it ever. Sometimes I just want to eat something different! Though I recognise that when you do that 'something different' generally means 'something fattening'.... So I'm considering allowing myself to deviate 1-2 times per week, but no more?

Recommend persevering though - there's a lot of good stuff in it!

I have been struggling with reading the book actually. I have found myself going to bed and reading mysteries instead of reading what I "should" be reading! I really need to take some time and get my priorities straight. and this is one of them. This weekend, I plan to really take some ME time to think about my journey last year, what was accomplished and what was not, and then decide on a real plan for 2018. Flying by the seat of my pants every day isn't exactly working out so well for me! LMAO! :mrgreen:

I do actually read the index cards to remind myself of why I want to lose. I have a few of them scattered around. I even use them as bookmarks so I run across them at the oddest times! LOL

Earlier this week, I found another version of the Beck Diet book (can't remember title right now) and downloaded it the other day for $1.99 on Amazon. I'll let you know if it is any good!

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well with at least reading it and getting ideas, @slittlemeister . gives me hope that I will too!