Looking for some help/guide on WHY I am NOT seeing Results!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    For things that mix well: curry, stew etc. I weigh out the raw ingredients and load that into the recipe builder. When I'm done cooking I weight the total amount in grams (say 1000 grams for all of it) and then make the number of servings in the recipes equal to that total weight so 1000 grams, then you can weigh out how many grams you want to eat and make it that number of servings in your diary.

So if I make japanese curry which I do often and the whole pot is 1000 grams, I make that the number of servings for my recipe and then I want to eat say 250 grams so I log it as 250 servings. If that all makes sense.

That works for a lot of things actually. Just weigh the RAW ingredients and log them based on the USDA entries and then weigh the total cooked weight.

Just to clarify, 1 gram = 1 serving?
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    wow much thanks!!!! I had no idea about the recipe builder. I will start that ASAP. I think that will be of BIG HELP and EYE opener!!! Same thing for Rice I guess? So if I make rice at home, I should add RAW rice in recipe builder and then weigh the "cooked rice" for servings in gms - correct!! THANKS!!!!

when I make rice. with nothing added. I weigh the raw rice weight so if I'm making 5 servings weigh out 5 servings. and then weigh the total rice cooked and divide by 5 for the cooked weight per serving.

But I log the RAW rice weight, not the cooked.
  • monicajogi80
    monicajogi80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks tinkerbellang83 - I have bookmarked both those links and will read them tonight (too much distraction at work AND managers birthday cake - UGH)
    You folks are so awesome and knowledgeable
  • monicajogi80
    Options
    Thanks maybe1pe for the Rice tip. Also How do I reply individual posts LOL
  • maybe1pe
    Options

There's a button that says "quote" at the bottom of each post or you can type @ before someone's username like @monicajogi80 and then it will tag them basically.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice from everyone. This is a good article about weighing food:

https://www.outsideonline.com/2179331/what-i-learned-weighing-my-food-four-months

Good luck Monica, you can do it!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    For things that mix well: curry, stew etc. I weigh out the raw ingredients and load that into the recipe builder. When I'm done cooking I weight the total amount in grams (say 1000 grams for all of it) and then make the number of servings in the recipes equal to that total weight so 1000 grams, then you can weigh out how many grams you want to eat and make it that number of servings in your diary.

So if I make japanese curry which I do often and the whole pot is 1000 grams, I make that the number of servings for my recipe and then I want to eat say 250 grams so I log it as 250 servings. If that all makes sense.

That works for a lot of things actually. Just weigh the RAW ingredients and log them based on the USDA entries and then weigh the total cooked weight.

Yes, that just makes it easy math. If you set the serving size up as one gram, you can just weigh your serving and put the number of grams as the number of servings. If you make the serving size of the recipe 50 grams, but you end up eating 67 grams worth you have to do math to figure out how many servings you had :)
  • maybe1pe
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

Yes, sorry. I just saw this.

1g = 1 serving

total weight 1000 g = 1000 servings, etc etc.
  • monicajogi80
    Options
    @bisky - Thanks!!
    bisky wrote: »
    Excellent advice from everyone. This is a good article about weighing food:

https://www.outsideonline.com/2179331/what-i-learned-weighing-my-food-four-months

Good luck Monica, you can do it!

• monicajogi80
    Options
    @maybe1pe - thanks!!

There's a button that says "quote" at the bottom of each post or you can type @ before someone's username like @monicajogi80 and then it will tag them basically.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The seeds, nuts, and honey in your Friday breakfast seem to be tiny, tiny bits. I'm not even sure I could dispense .03 oz of honey, as that is less than 1 g and my scale doesn't display half grams.