January 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @PastorVincent so sponsorship terms depend on who you sign with. Some cover race fees, some front your gear (if they are a sponsor that in fact produces gear that is), a lot will push events for elite bibs if you have the times to qualify, there are a few that will straight up pay you to rep them. Mine will be through a trail/running gear company so mine is largely the first three things, emphasis on the second. I have two more apps in the works; one would be straight gear for promo, one would be $$$ (I don't think I'm likely to get that one though). Now to run a good a enough season to earn a second contract for 2019 through the company I just signed with ;)

Coolness. With the cost of gear, that has to be a huge boon for you. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    10.1 can't believe it took 20 days of January before I ran double digits.
    @PastorVincent you may need to stay away from Red Robin. Lol

Well, there are only so many places I can eat due to having to avoid gluten right now (still not sure I have to or not, but looking more and more real). Plus we had a $25 gift card AND a BOGO-50% coupon. Full dinner, including tip, cost me $1.68. :smiley:

Red Robin is delicious, but a burger and fries easily puts me over my calories! Definitely a splurge. Sometimes I try to save half my burger for lunch the next day, but then I eat more fries so not exactly saving any calories. Haha

I could probably save almost 200 calories by leaving the bunn off, then I would only be like 1300 over instead of 1500 over! :lol: Hardly seems worth it. :lol:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    exercise.png

Jan 20: Wolf River 5k

Ran 31:10 which is a PR! My goal of being sub 30 by June is starting to seem more doable.

Great report and well done!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @Orphia - Nice job first time pacing! 29:40 is close enough to 30 minutes, and if you have to be off at least you were off in the direction that helps people set PRs.

@rheddmobile - Good job on the PR! It sounds like it was indeed a tough field, and there is no shame at finishing at the median point of a tough field. It also sounds like you managed the race well, which tends to be the case when PRs are achieved.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Yeah, right, don't quote me on that.

I keep saying the same thing, and then turn around and sign up for some long race. I know in my head recovery is super-important, but get excited about the next thing I want to do... I need to stop it!

@rheddmobile congrats on your race!

During the last 500 meters today, I began to wonder if perhaps I was pushing too hard. I was focused on finishing as fast as I could, as I knew I was cutting it close with my goal time, but also wasn't sure how I would know if I was overdoing it anyway. So question: how do you know if you are pushing too hard? (Other than the obvious wait and end up feeling like you got hit by a truck and with tummy troubles a couple hours after the race. I'm already there.) And don't worry-I have absolutely NO intentions of running anywhere near that pace for next week's marathon!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart glad to hear Dad did well.
    Fantastic @JessicaMcB can’t wait to hear more details!
    Congrats @MobyCarp runner of the year, nice!
    @_nikkiwolf_ I know I’m too late with a comment on your drop bag issue, but I leave bags at the end of races all the time with no issue. Sometimes I find a place like a drink table or food table and throw it under that. I’ve even dropped a bag near the finish line timer. I’ve always had it there when I got there. Love your garbage bag review LOL
    @PastorVincent I don’t wear my watch to bed but every morning without fail my ring is tight on my finger until I get up and start moving. Then it tends to slid around. I have high blood pressure and honestly do an awful job of staying away from salt, if I eat too much junk food I notice it more.
    @BruinsGal_91 too luck tomorrow
    @seanevan10 I’m all about a cleaning lady, I keep thinking about it. If someone came in twice and month and did my kitchen and bathrooms I’d be in heaven.
    @MNLittleFinn you can’t post your blog link in the thread. How bizarre.
    Great consistent pace @cecilislater
    @Orphia great job with the pacing!! Yeah for leading folks to PRs!
    @HonuNui amazing picture of the turtle.
    Feel better @shanaber and @dutchandkiwi
    @katharmonic I’ll keep my fingers crossed on the NYC marathon. Glad you meet so many nice folks on your trip, runners are the best.
    @zdyb23456 did you see that USAA will give paycheck loans, interest free? Might be something to help you out. the whole thing sucks.
    @garygse glad you are healing well and can add some mileage.
    Great race @rheddmobile hey I got passed one time by a guy pushing a double stroller with a dog on a leash ha ha
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom i guess its self promotion
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn that's stupid, but you know that, you are not selling anything. :angry:
    @abutcher2122 FANTASTIC! Congrats!
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I really need to pick up the pace if I'm going to make goal this month :#

exercise.png[\img]