Do I need to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• melbowater
    melbowater Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have no idea how you look so skinny at 148-151 I'm 143 and have fat pools everywhere! props
  • 0305bp
    0305bp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m about the same height as you, I could barely squeeze into a size 12 at 185, let alone at 200 lbs and am a solid size 8 at 160. We are all shaped differently so it’s really hard to relate to your numbers. The weight just doesn’t show on your frame.

I would just say you look like you are as light as you should get. But since you want a # to reach, maybe body fat goals would be better for you? Does someone in your area do hydrostatic body fat testing?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I believe I saw in another thread that you'll be having surgery soon.

This isn't the time to be thinking about your weight. You have other issues to worry about.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Surgery?! None of this is of no importance!
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think 117 was probably to low for you. I suggest for you to strive to find a happy medium. And find time for excercise that gets your heart "a pumpin'".(talk to your dr first though).

Excercise has more benefits than just weight loss. Excercise improves mood, self esteem, musclw building, revs up metabolisim etc. Good luck.

Eat a varied sensible diet and steer clear of Keto. It might be why you are having weight shifts.
  • kkpps
    kkpps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Check your BMI that should give you an indication
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am a tad confused. Your posted in this thread June 2017 http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/39951430#Comment_39951430

The progress you made and you look amazing at 140.

I'm confused too since you said you did a short bulk (your words).. But now here you said you are scared of bulking..or maybe your definition of a bulk is different. Either way you look great. If you have any concerns about your weight gain and if it was too quick, I would check with your doctor as it could potentially be something more serious.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    But there has not been a great weight gain based on additional info that the op forgot to mention.

And, if in June 2017, op is at 140 at a lower fat level than she was at 117 she obviously knows that wanting to be below 140 and wanting that 117 weight back is not normal talk.

Which then brings the whole current line of thought by the op into even greater question.

And also, we have talk of surgery (which I have not seen personally as of yet)....

in any case, op, maybe you should be discussing all this with your doctor?

Just FYI energy requirements increase during recovery from surgery.

Here's the post with the surgery mention:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/41092886/#Comment_41092886
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you posted in the other thread that your goal weight is 109lbs - do you really think you have 40lbs to lose now???
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    OP states she's having a colectomy, common in people that suffer from Crohns/Colitis and severe cases of IBD. If symptoms were left unchecked, there was great possibility of her losing huge amounts of weight during flare-ups. If OP is now managing her diet, weight gain, may have occurred and it appears via past/current photos that it has now stabilized.
    Again, just speculation on my part.

*edit to correct typo
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Is the photo on the left you at 148? Because I’m 145 and same height and I have a visible spare tire, DD cup and an ample rear end
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    you posted in the other thread that your goal weight is 109lbs - do you really think you have 40lbs to lose now???

Yeah I'll admit that was my mistake. 109 isn't a good goal considering my lbm is 110 (last time checked). But I'm fine with 115 because I'll still technically have my lbm. And to answer your question, possibly. I just weighed in at 150.6. My weight has technically been climbing since the end of 2015 (with the occasional temporary drop).

This is me as of now (150.6). I think it posted sideways.
    2dcd1ja.jpg

Ps- I would go to the doctor if my ex didn't steal my car. The closest doctor who takes my insurance is almost 2 hours away (beyond the city buses).
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Not a good goal. That would put you well below the essential body fat level for women (extremely unhealthy). If I did the math correctly that is only like 4% BF providing no lbm is lost. Essential BF is 10-13% for women, below that poses serious health risks. It's also an extremely difficult bf% to maintain even at the essential levels.

What's a good goal then? Thanks for explaining by the way.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I dont get it... I'm 2 inches taller than you and weigh 4lbs more and i don't look nearly as thin as you! Is there a spare tire hiding under your shirt??
    You must carry a hell of a lot more muscle than me..