Any Senior’s out there?

Options

Replies

• gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Turn 65 in 2 weeks and am looking for some encouraging and supporting friends.
  • 56Marigolds
    56Marigolds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 years old and I'm in pretty good shape; I'd like to lose 5-7 lbs and just can't seem to do it! I work out regularly, about 4 days a week - I lift heavy weights and force myself to do some cardio. I don't love working out - however, I love how it makes me feel afterwards. I've always done some type of activity.

I've always been on the slim side and I'm still within my weight range but these few pounds really make me feel uncomfortable. Part of me says whats the big deal - the other part of me wants them off!

So glad to see this many folks in my age group.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone handling the COLD?
    I grew up in Midwest where cold and snow was common. The older I get the less I like dealing with COLD SNOW!

Moved to VA (near Norfolk) in 2007 and retired here since 2010. Weather here is usually acceptable but the COLD is here NOW and snow is on the way!

Still better off than my brothers and sisters living in IA and MN.

• Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    How’s everyone handling the COLD?
    I grew up in Midwest where cold and snow was common. The older I get the less I like dealing with COLD SNOW!

Moved to VA (near Norfolk) in 2007 and retired here since 2010. Weather here is usually acceptable but the COLD is here NOW and snow is on the way!

Still better off than my brothers and sisters living in IA and MN.

It's been rainy and cold all day today, 67 tonight and tomorrow's high will be 72, but Thursday the high will be 58 degrees here in the land of eternal sun (Florida). For me that's winter -- have to break out the sweaters and turn on the heat. I guess it's all relative. I hate the cold!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Just checking in here. Had a decent workout this morning. Cardio part went well. Then deadlifts - the lifts went well, but couldn't do the heavy block pulls I intended to do at the end. Out of energy. Probably due to my late bedtime. Need to work on a regular sleep schedule. Rest of the day went well.
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for the new year. Last week my cardiologist cleared me to work out as I've only been walking. Happy with my meal plan. 62 now. Want to make 60 the new 40
  • gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I hope to reach my goal this year. I reached an all time high weight of 290 in January 2017. Age 65 here.
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I put this on my newsfeed, but I had to share it here as well.

So we're setting up for the third phase of boot camp this morning. Core workout on the mats. The trainer was demonstrating a new move called the Scorpion. I (jokingly) complained loudly "We can't do that. There's old people working out here". Guy yells out from across the gym "I don't see any".

He made my day. Before 7 AM. #ilovegymrats

:)
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I turn 60 next week. I lost 52 pounds last year and am just taking it one day at a time.
  • mph323
    Options
    callriter wrote: »
    I turn 60 next week. I lost 52 pounds last year and am just taking it one day at a time.

Congratulations! One day at a time is about all I can manage :)
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    @obedient670

FYI There are others Seniors on MFP, but Chit Chat is not the place for us LoL.

I visit Chit Chat for laughs but it is s younger crowd.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    My definition of a senior is anyone 55 and over Hi B)

Almost there. Three more years to go. But where I live, I already quality for Senior Citizens Discounts, and get to park in Senior Citizens parking spaces.
  • paulab4me7982
    paulab4me7982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We may be silent but we are dedicated to health and fitness way to go folks
  • paulab4me7982
    paulab4me7982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A step at a time, good for you
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Today's the first day since 1/4 that I felt a little better. Dr gave me antibiotics last Friday. Really hope to get back to working out in a few days time. Been doing well on eating except last nite, I had cheese & crackers beyond my daily calories, but am on track today
  • mph323
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Today's the first day since 1/4 that I felt a little better. Dr gave me antibiotics last Friday. Really hope to get back to working out in a few days time. Been doing well on eating except last nite, I had cheese & crackers beyond my daily calories, but am on track today

Glad you're finally feeling better!