Detox or cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Can you name these “toxins” that you would be removing from your body?

They aren’t real, they just purge your body of fluids. Which can actually be quiet dangerous.
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    alicebhsia wrote: »
    shots of wheatgrass juice will help you detoxify. you can see it working too. when i've done wheatgrass juice, my face would break out as a sign of your body trying to expel toxins, then they'd go away and my skin would be clearer than when i started.

What exact toxins does wheatgrass juice "expel" from your body, and by what physiological mechanism does it occur?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    alicebhsia wrote: »
    @AnvilHead toxins that are in your body. as far as how it works or what particular toxins, idk, but i know what works for me. they said "try it", i tried it, call me a believer if you will among many. probably something to do with your blood and liver.

eating fruit not loaded with pesticides or bacteria is also very cleansing to the body. i was just reading an article about how eating a lot of fruit (not sure what kind) removes nicotine from the body faster than not eating the fruit for people trying to quit smoking. and yes it was backed up with scientific talk about why..not that i remember any of it. you could tell me til you were blue in the face why something works, but if you try it and it doesn't work, then what good is a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo. and if you try it and it does work, then i suppose you could do without the scientific hoo ha.

2 pages of people saying detox doesn't work. i'd ask why is it you say that, where's the proof? but i really don't care to hear it as i already know better. the mind is a powerful thing, even if it's only a placebo, a physical detox can be good for the mind and soul in my opinion.

the best kind of extended detox cleanse i think would be juice fasting or raw food fasting. this is from experience also, not because i know why fruit is cleansing or nuts feed your body in a healthy way. just that i had the most energy, clearest skin i've ever had and best weight and stuff like that too, healthy skin and nails..positive outlook..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens's_razor
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Looks like the op got the answers she is looking for. If you would like to move over to debate feel free.

4Legs
    MFP moderator
This discussion has been closed.