What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    The most surprising thing I learned was that the journey wasn’t really about losing weight at all. It was about learning how to love myself and care for myself, learning what I wanted out of my life and going after it instead of just tolerating anything from anybody, and realizing that my problem with my weight wasn’t actually about my weight, it was about my emotional problems and wanting to self medicate with food. Also, realizing this is a lifelong journey of self-betterment, and not simply a “fad diet” or “14-day detox” or “magic pill”. There is no quick fix. It’s hard, but being overweight, self destructive, and miserable is much harder.

This a thousand times over.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Mellykay88 wrote: »
    whosshe wrote: »
    That you want to reply to your friends FB posts about their diets for the New Year but you choose not to. I want to help but I know I can't convey to them via FB that keto isn't a magical diet that'll cure their ailments.

I've sent a lot of people to MFP and not one has actually used it for more than a day. Makes me wonder why I stayed... I wish I could give them what I had when I first started, whatever that was.
    That you want to reply to your friends FB posts about their diets for the New Year but you choose not to. I want to help but I know I can't convey to them via FB that keto isn't a magical diet that'll cure their ailments.

I've been seeing this a lot too. One of my FB friends is doing no meat, no carbs, no sugar, no fun. She just started Monday and already she's complaining about issues with it. I've talked to her about MFP before, but no luck.

Nobody told me that it would be so hard to sit on the sidelines and watch others be how I used to be. I would never say a thing, but it drives me up the wall hearing all the excuses people have for why they can't lose weight. I know many people have said this on the thread before, but I would have never guessed it would happen to me!

I have referred 5 or 6 people here and they have all come back to me a day or two later saying it was too hard or something to that effect. These same people constantly push the latest fad diets and supplements... I don’t get it.

Same!! Most recently I encouraged a friend to try this app. Told her I'd help her figure it out if she needed. She told me three days later that it was confusing and too much work. So instead she's doing Herbalife and losing super fast....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!