January 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 as much as I tried to enjoy skiing when I lived in the North I just couldn't, but sounds like you had a great time.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - Thank you. And I also seen you mention Monumental. It's a great flat and fast course and is usually perfect running weather! I've done it a couple times since it's close by. If you think you want to run it, and you want that BQ - I would be willing to pace you.

@KeepRunningFatboy What a nice offer! That's so awesome, thank you. I will keep it in mind (not the BQ part) if I don't get in to the NYC marathon.

Congrats on your race @kevaasen!

@amymoreorless that sounds like a really wise decision. Live to race another day!

Good job @BruinsGal_91 on your 10k! Crazy about the "corner" cutting.

Good to see you back @ereck44. Sorry to hear about the ankle, hope you will be able to get back to more running sometime soon.

@PastorVincent just saw that video - LOL, love those dogs and their trickery.
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    One of my club mates from the Great White North was in @HonuNui area of the world recently and represented the frozen Great White North quite well.
    https://www.facebook.com/jon.babiy/posts/472545989807382?notif_id=1516037696120925&notif_t=nf_comment_story&ref=notif
    Now if I could count my Ski Km's as running Km's it would look like I was really kicking it.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Strength day for me today, as well as wrangling the old washer & dryer away from the wall & disconnecting it. New one delivered tomorrow and then I gotta call an electrician to move an outlet and maybe swap out a plug as well.

Possibly will need to hop over to a friend's tomorrow night to wash running gear, or maybe laundromat, if the electrical is complicated.

@sarahthes when I got a new dryer they switched the power cord on the dryer not my wall. Took a few minutes. I've been lucky my washer has been working fine. I think a hose might have leaked because of the cold.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    oh @Orphia that IS a good blog...... :D
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent - loved that video! So cute.
    @elise4270 - thanks Elise- My shoes all have the top level of padding and only one has mileage over 200. Opposite of minimalist shoes. :wink:
    This used to happen to me years ago, before I was a runner - if I walked >5 miles. Weird it came back after all this time. My socks are all no cotton, but now that I think about it I haven't bought new socks in a while. Yay a reason to shop for running stuff!

Rest day for me today. At least I think so unless I go crazy and go to the gym after work. But I have to run a club after school and I think that will prevent me from going.

• BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i m confused, do I just post a goal for how many miles I'd like to run for January on here?
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Strength day for me today, as well as wrangling the old washer & dryer away from the wall & disconnecting it. New one delivered tomorrow and then I gotta call an electrician to move an outlet and maybe swap out a plug as well.

Possibly will need to hop over to a friend's tomorrow night to wash running gear, or maybe laundromat, if the electrical is complicated.

@sarahthes when I got a new dryer they switched the power cord on the dryer not my wall. Took a few minutes. I've been lucky my washer has been working fine. I think a hose might have leaked because of the cold.

@skippygirlsmom I'm hoping that's all we need to do for the dryer. There isn't any plug at all for the washer on that side of the room - old unit was a 2 in 1. I'm hoping that temporarily it will reach the outlet on the other side of the room (maybe 5 feet away? small room) but the cord will be a tripping hazard in the meantime.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    i m confused, do I just post a goal for how many miles I'd like to run for January on here?

yes. It's a self-managed goal - you set whatever you would like to achieve and let us know how it's going. Some on this thread have goals in the hundreds of miles/kilometres, some in the tens, some just want to be able to run continuously for a mile. Some are beginners, some are at the stage of getting sponsorship deals. All are amazing people to be around.

This thread is addictive, and busy. Miss a day and you may find three pages of posts to wade through. But there is a TON of advice to be had here, plenty of support, and no judgement.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

yes. It's a self-managed goal - you set whatever you would like to achieve and let us know how it's going. Some on this thread have goals in the hundreds of miles/kilometres, some in the tens, some just want to be able to run continuously for a mile. Some are beginners, some are at the stage of getting sponsorship deals. All are amazing people to be around.

This thread is addictive, and busy. Miss a day and you may find three pages of posts to wade through. But there is a TON of advice to be had here, plenty of support, and no judgement.

ok thats wonderful thank so much for the info !!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options

That's exactly it @BrookeRunningMom. Tell us your goal and update us on your progress along the way. See the first post of this thread for some more details on how you can use a ticker if you want, but any method is fine. Welcome to the monthly running challenge thread! It's a very friendly and helpful group, so jump right in and chat, ask questions, whine, brag, whatever!

• BrookeRunningMom
    Options

That's exactly it @BrookeRunningMom. Tell us your goal and update us on your progress along the way. See the first post of this thread for some more details on how you can use a ticker if you want, but any method is fine. Welcome to the monthly running challenge thread! It's a very friendly and helpful group, so jump right in and chat, ask questions, whine, brag, whatever!

wonderful thank you, I just write down in my journal how much I do every day and add it all up at the end of the week, but will look into that ticker thing ! :)