How to measure a serving size for vegetables & fruits..?

Options
I am really confused in regards to how to meansure fruits & veggies.. should I use a scale or measure using cup measurements..? If you can elaborate on your respond, it would be greatly appreciated ♥️

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Use a scale and weight to the gram. Generally I would build a meal based around the protein and fat content in the meat/main sides if i do something that is more substantial calorie wise, then if i had a goal for that meal I would fill it out with veggies.

For example if i had 200g of chicken =330ish calories + 200g of white rice = 260ish calories at 590 calories. If my goal for that meal was 650 calories I would aim for around 200g of broccoli = 65ish calories.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It makes it easier to set them up in your foods by gram. So if a banana is (for example) 1 calorie per gram, and yours is 87 grams without the peel, you enter 87 servings. The other option is to set everything up by 100 grams. You won’t get it perfect every time using MFP’s percentages, but pretty darn close.

Edited to add: use USDA entries (by gram).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Use a scale and weight to the gram. Generally I would build a meal based around the protein and fat content in the meat/main sides if i do something that is more substantial calorie wise, then if i had a goal for that meal I would fill it out with veggies.

For example if i had 200g of chicken =330ish calories + 200g of white rice = 260ish calories at 590 calories. If my goal for that meal was 650 calories I would aim for around 200g of broccoli = 65ish calories.

surely 200gr of cooked rice as 80gr dry is nearly 300kcal.