Keto Success Story - down 119 lbs and completely seizure-free.

Options
Niff314
Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
cdmjborwa47j.jpg

11 months of keto, 10 months seizure-free, down from 280 lbs to 161 lbs, hiked 2,600 miles in 2017, BP 106/68, RHR 61 BPM, lipid panels in perfect shape.This has been a very exciting year!

Replies

• Kezzah183
    Kezzah183 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Well done
  • Munchberry
    Munchberry Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring. What determination! More than the lovely pictures is that you have changed the course of your health. How empowered you must feel.

Still trying to get my mind around 2600 miles hiked. The things you must have seen.

Congratulations wonder woman! :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and how wonderful that health news is! Good for you!
  • isign17
    isign17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What an incredible inspiration you are! Can I ask how tall you are? Your beginning weight and picture looks similar to mine, and I would love to look like you do at goal! Fantastic job!
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    isign17 wrote: »
    What an incredible inspiration you are! Can I ask how tall you are? Your beginning weight and picture looks similar to mine, and I would love to look like you do at goal! Fantastic job!

Hi there! I'm 5'10". :)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Love that you included your hiking distance! Where’d you hike?
  • brenjhb
    brenjhb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being seizure free! (From an epilepsy Mom!). What an inspiration!
  • javarob66
    javarob66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! You look amazing. I started keto about 6 weeks ago, and I am down 20lbs. I have read that the diet is good for epilepsy and even Alzheimer's. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. I hope it helps others out there struggling with these issues.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • isign17
    isign17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Niff314 wrote: »
    isign17 wrote: »

Hi there! I'm 5'10". :)

Me too! :) Thanks for giving me a visual goal to shoot for! You look beautiful, and even better than that you are healthy. Great job!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for my morning cup of inspiration!!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Your doctor must be beside herself/himself!
    Yeah for you!!!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @Niff314 I spend summers in Seattle and am always looking for somewhere new to walk - thanks for those suggestions.
  • kori_b
    kori_b Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is super inspirational, congrats! You look amazing! Started keto in nov. for health issues including epilepsy. Were they able to lower u off of some of ur seizure meds as u lost some of the weight? I’m hoping that’s the case for me, I’m on a super high dose of keppra which makes me exhausted all the time so I was just curious. I know every situation is different.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing! May I ask, how in fhe WORLD did you start!??? I have tried and tried and TRIED to stick to a keto diet but never make it past 3 or 4 days. Congratulations!!!
  • climana
    climana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love keto. Did you count calories or just carbs?
  • debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Love ALL the numbers!!! YOU LOOK SO STRONG AND HEALTHY!!!! To be seizure free is just unbelievable!! It shows how our brain works great on a good high fat low carb diet. I've been doing a combo of Keto, then high protein as I do weight lifting. You truly are a success story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!