• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    how much sugar in in fruit
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    meowthhh wrote: »
    Ughhh cheesecake is my kryptonite, but since finding out I’ve switched over to homemade Japanese style cheesecake that’s under 300calories a serving.

do you have a specific recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing? I'd LOVE more cheesecake in my life...

also, a surprise for me was mushrooms. I often cook them without much (if any) oil, so to see they have between 8-30 kcal/100g was a pleasant surprise.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I was a bit surprised at Tortilla wraps - seemed so high for a light dinner. Was a tad disappointed.

Agree with this. I had bought some flour tortillas last week--these were the SMALL ones. And one of those is 90 calories!! I would rather eat an apple or banana, or some vegetables. Because who can eat just ONE small tortilla? If you make a taco or enchilada you are going to want two. That's 180 calories right there without even putting in the filling. I would save it for special occasions.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Peanut butter and cereal, I actually have a hard time enjoying either of them currently because I always want more than one serving

You can always eat the fiber one goat feed :s Its only 60 calories per serving.

<3 the fiber one goat feed. LOL. Just stocked up on 4 boxes.

Sorry..my mistake....the stuff is delicious ;):#
  • wishlady2
    wishlady2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in homemade bread with just a bit of butter, not even a whole serving of butter.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Wine :( Four ounces just looks like sadness.

TOTALLY :-) I save some of my calories for wine and it is such a reality check to pour what a "glass" actually is! I need to buy smaller wine glasses so they look more full!

Actually messes with a persons wine high!
    Needless to say haven't had one in a while!!!
    5 oz of red wine at 120 calories is a dent in my accounts......damnit! Hmmmmm......eat or drink?????

I can actually drink 2-3 ozs and I am good.My friends laugh at me.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mortuseon_ wrote: »
    meowthhh wrote: »
    Ughhh cheesecake is my kryptonite, but since finding out I’ve switched over to homemade Japanese style cheesecake that’s under 300calories a serving.

do you have a specific recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing? I'd LOVE more cheesecake in my life...

also, a surprise for me was mushrooms. I often cook them without much (if any) oil, so to see they have between 8-30 kcal/100g was a pleasant surprise.

https://www.justonecookbook.com/souffle-japanese-cheesecake/ is the Japanese cheesecake recipe I use, and it's about 300Cal a slice (assuming 12 slices from the cake). I serve it with whipped cream and a homemade strawberry sauce which ups the Cal count a bit though :D

ETA: My surprise was how quickly Cals from coffee added up. I only had milk and no sugar, but I had to drop the amount of milk I was having in them, because when 200-300Cals of your precious allotment each day disappear to coffee, something has to change.
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Cerial! I always thought I was around the serving size decided to weigh my food one day and was shocked! I use to have a whole bowl of mini wheetabix but the serving size amounts to about 7 of them
  • DanK1988
    DanK1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Peanut butter and avocados

Completely agree on the peanut butter.
  • DanK1988
    DanK1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My choice would honestly be cooking oil. I mean jeez 1 tablespoon is 120 calories and that's barely enough for me to cook 1 diced potato without it sticking to the pan and burning.

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Wine :( Four ounces just looks like sadness.

TOTALLY :-) I save some of my calories for wine and it is such a reality check to pour what a "glass" actually is! I need to buy smaller wine glasses so they look more full!

Actually messes with a persons wine high!
    Needless to say haven't had one in a while!!!
    5 oz of red wine at 120 calories is a dent in my accounts......damnit! Hmmmmm......eat or drink?????

I can actually drink 2-3 ozs and I am good.My friends laugh at me.

You must be an easy drunk or just like the taste :)
    I didn't think they existed...lol!
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    DanK1988 wrote: »
    My choice would honestly be cooking oil. I mean jeez 1 tablespoon is 120 calories and that's barely enough for me to cook 1 diced potato without it sticking to the pan and burning.
    . Yes actually. This always surprised me
    As well. I tend to just use a tiny bit of water in the pan rather than oil now, but some things just need to be fried a bit don’t they?!

• PetiteHabanero
    PetiteHabanero Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Peanut butter and cereal, I actually have a hard time enjoying either of them currently because I always want more than one serving

Oh yes. Discovering that my "serving" cereal was actually closer to 3 or 4 servings was a sad day.

I used to have two bowls for dinner because I was "being good."
    Turns out I was definitely NOT being good.

How small a serving of nuts is.

Same here with the nuts. It was like wuuuuuut.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    DanK1988 wrote: »

I think you just need a better pan. I don't cook anything with oil or butter or any fat and stuff doesn't stick.
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ugh...the calories in frilly coffee drinks. Was in love with McDonald's iced caramel macchiato, until I found that it wasn't loving me back. That sucker has just shy of 400 calories in a medium!!! So I had to turn my back on their deliciousness and die in the inside...that's all. ;)
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    A chocolate chip cookie! I ate one at Panera as a treat and it was 380 calories! More than either the 1/2 salad or the sandwich I ordered. Baked goods in general are off the charts-- 500 calories for a muffin.