Does anyone have spouse or S/O that doesn't help?

Options
13»

Replies

• ojules9
    ojules9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It would be easier if she was on board but this is clearly your thing, not hers.
    Maybe after some time she'll appreciate your efforts and join in.

My husband doesn't join in either. When it comes to activities, he masters the art of cough potatoe.

So I go to gym while he watches a game. He doesn't have to workout and I don't have to watch a game. It's a win/win.

However, he eats what I shop for, cook, and serve. If he doesn't like it, then he can shop, cook and serve!!
  • lacyphacelia
    lacyphacelia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    My husband and family got irritated with me when I was thinner and more active. I hate to break it to you, but healthier and active people seem annoying to everyone else when they want to sit back, relax, and eat most of the time. You may find you have to change your milieu. Weight loss changes things, which is why a lot of spouses/SOs tend to be resistant. Most of the women I know have had husbands who sabotaged their effort.

When I'm getting annoying and have too much energy, my BF stands next to the dog and says, "maybe someone would like to go for a WALK??" And then, because someone's said the w-word, someone is contractually obligated to take the dog for a walk :wink:

In all seriousness, I'm just saying that there are ways to work around most things.

That's why I said there might need to be a change in milieu. Unfortunately, if you want to spend time with the people you love, like the spouse or the family, they don't always share the enthusiasm.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't overly supportive, either....but in a different way. He is (annoyingly) extremely fit and active and healthy, and to him it is no effort. He loves surfing, and spends hours each week doing that. He also loves going to the gym, and has no interest in food. To him it is fuel, and he doesn't understand people who spend any time or thought or effort in planning what to eat, as he naturally just goes for whatever is healthy and will best fuel him. Truly, it's very annoying as I do struggle A LOT with food, I love and enjoy food, and I also struggle with wanting to sit on my bottom or sleep in when I know I should be working out. He rolls his eyes when I decide to try something new and calls me "kooky" as he doesn't understand how it can all be an effort for me at all.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day I come home to find pizza, chipotle, Steak ‘n Shake, Chinese take out, etc on the kitchen counter. SO has started to get snippy about the veggies I eat, weight lost and how I cook all my meals separate. I just shrug it off and move on. I ain’t got time for that ;)