Women: would you rather be curvy, or have definition around your stomach? (visible abs)

alwaysbloated
alwaysbloated Posts: 458 Member
The first one definately isn't possible for me, haha. Gotta rock what I've got.

Replies

• MsHappyAss
    MsHappyAss Posts: 174 Member
    Mmm. I am pretty sure I will always be curvy and I am good with it. I have a large chest and that’s not going anywhere so having a somewhat curvy made is natural for me and flattering on my shape.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Both
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    I'm not aiming for a sixpack, although if I could get defined muscles on my arms that would be awesome
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Both

Is that possible though?

Yup.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    I am just aiming to be my lowest healthiest weight, whatever I'll look like; at that weight'll have to be what I also prefer!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I don't care about visible ab's and women are curvy anyways. I just like to be lean.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    I would like a flat stomach, but not see the ab muscles.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I would like to have my waist size and my hip size be in the same clothing size. Beyond that I don't really care about waist definition. If my abs are defined fine and if they aren't it doesn't bother me.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    If by "curves," you mean a huge butt...then I have a bit of both (although, currently the abs are disappearing) courtesy of powerlifting.

I'm more of a butt lady than an abs lady though.
  • Psalm1139
    Psalm1139 Posts: 31 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I don't care about visible ab's and women are curvy anyways. I just like to be lean.

Not this woman. I've never had much of a waist, and even though I weigh about 50% more than I should, I am around an A cup.

Oftentimes when you lose significant weight your cup size goes up! I was looking at someone's measurement chart and she went from a 36B to a 32D, because her underbust shrunk 4 inches, but her bust only shrank 2 inches. So her boobs got smaller, but they looked bigger on her frame.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I have no choice but to be curvy (when my BMI was 19 my hips were 36 in and I wore a D cup). I don't care whether my abs show or not as long as my belly is flat.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    edited January 2018
    Oh ab definition. I thought you meant a clearly defined crease where your stomach folds over in a roll when hunching. I’ve got that, not the first one
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm a mix of both (curvy based on my measurements) and I like my stomach the way it is now. It's flat, but no 6 pack - although there's a tiny bit of definition.

I don't do any direct ab work. If I did I know I would have more definition, but that's not what I want.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    With lifting and diet anything is possible. Helps if you have good genetics in your corner as well.

Most women cannot get lean enough or if they do, can sustain a body fat percentage to keep a 6 pack. But visible ab striations with prominent abs are possible. You can build a nice set of legs and glutes too.

As far as upper body goes, losing weight usually means some boob loss. Women can build nice rounded shoulders, etc.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I just want to lose the spare tire. After that I will worry about if I want to go for more definition in that area or not. I am more concerned with definition in my arms, legs and back than stomach at this point.