47 and still tech stupid with simple things lol

Lianapugzoe
Lianapugzoe Posts: 100 Member
Anyone else feel that way? lol
«1

Replies

  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Like the candy?
  • Lianapugzoe
    Lianapugzoe Posts: 100 Member
    eccomi_qui wrote: »
    Like the candy?

    Lol ah nope
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    don't get me started. I work with people over 40 years, and they make around 200k, and they cant even operate a simple comp...

    I didn't know you worked in my office.

    j/k I don't make 200k, nor am I 40 :(
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,484 Member
    I'm the same age! I have been good about staying relevant with technology, I have always been interested in tech things (such as they were going back in my youth).
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,862 Member
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    don't get me started. I work with people over 40 years, and they make around 200k, and they cant even operate a simple comp...

    Once they figure it out, please send them our way. Momma needs a Chanel.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,764 Member
    edited January 2018
    All the people that are good with Tech had to learn it. What the difference is is the amount of time you have to learn new Tech and if it's worth it for your time.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,491 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have no choice but know techy stuff as it my job. But don't fret in all my years in my job, if you ask someone to press 'any' key,, they actually will look for the ANY key on their keyboard.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,483 MFP Moderator
    married to a computer programmer, I have resigned to feeling tech stupid for the rest of my life.

    But, if I may brag, I am pretty good and a little bit in love with Excel. The rest of it can all go to hell.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,479 Member
    well time to learn them, here today, gone tomorrow., take lessons!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,764 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I have no choice but know techy stuff as it my job. But don't fret in all my years in my job, if you ask someone to press 'any' key,, they actually will look for the ANY key on their keyboard.

    I can't tell you the amount of times I make this joke in my head and still laugh. "Which one is the any key?"
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    don't get me started. I work with people over 40 years, and they make around 200k, and they cant even operate a simple comp...

    if you could provide me a few of their email address and photos, I will teach them.. I mean I have a friend that will teach them
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,491 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I have no choice but know techy stuff as it my job. But don't fret in all my years in my job, if you ask someone to press 'any' key,, they actually will look for the ANY key on their keyboard.

    I can't tell you the amount of times I make this joke in my head and still laugh. "Which one is the any key?"

    lol exactly!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,183 Member
    Ever since my pappy explained that an internal combustion engine had little explosions inside the engine block, I wanted to be drenched in diesel fumes. Alas, I made my living in the highest of tech worlds. Despite even having helped design the latest smart phones, I don't have one. If it doesn't have explosions inside, I'm not interested.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,524 Member
    I am in my late 40s and I have to ask my 6th grader to turn on the television in the family room, because I cannot figure out the various remotes.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    I'm 47 and I'm tech savvy enough to call a tech person to do my tech work for me....;)
  • Lianapugzoe
    Lianapugzoe Posts: 100 Member
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I'm 47 and I'm tech savvy enough to call a tech person to do my tech work for me....;)

    Lol I could but I'm to sunburn. I'll try to figure it out myself.