Quit alcohol = losing weight

Options
13»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    So, If anyone says alcohol does not add lbs even if you count it....it does. It's bad, it's poison and it is a drug.

It never really contributed to weight gain for me -- I was at my thinnest during a significant period when I was drinking far too much (I tended to eat less than I otherwise would). It was terribly unhealthy; obviously drinking to excess is terribly unhealthy in general, but I don't see a value in making claims that aren't true. For many people drinking in moderation within a healthful diet doesn't add weight (especially if they count the calories, but also for many who do not). There are also plenty of thin alcoholics (I know more than my share of alcoholics).
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I’ve been largely alcohol free since the start of January. It’s not made much difference on the scale, however I feel better and sleep better. I always built it into my calories before. It’s a very personal choice, for some people giving up is the right option, for others moderating it is also right. I’m doing a marathon in Spring so this for me right now is more for that prep than weight loss, but there are wider health benefits.