Butternut Squash

Options
2»

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Today I roasted it whole. Per internet instructions, I preheated the oven to 350, then stabbed it with a knife a few times, then roasted it whole for about 75 minutes (it was a very large squash) until a fork went in easily.

Pulled it out and sliced into it. Super easy and really delicious with a bit of salt.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Last night I roasted and mashed one, tonight I'm using it to make a recipe from Skinnytaste to make it into a creamy pasta sauce. Her recipe includes chicken sausage, but you could easily make it without for vegetarian.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I plan on roasting half an acorn squash. Then filling that half with a mix of leftover cornbread, hot n spicy soysage, diced onion, sage, craisin and a shot of veg broth when about 1/2 roasted. May be a carb load but mmmmmm dinner.
  • SeahawkGirlLovesJeeps
    Options
    Cut it into cubes and roast in the oven then top with homemade marinara sauce and a little Parmesan cheese. I’ve been obsessed with this recipe lately! So good!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Today I roasted it whole. Per internet instructions, I preheated the oven to 350, then stabbed it with a knife a few times, then roasted it whole for about 75 minutes (it was a very large squash) until a fork went in easily.

Pulled it out and sliced into it. Super easy and really delicious with a bit of salt.

You can save a LOT of time by simply peeling and slicing / dicing before you throw it in the oven to roast.

Yes, but then I spend that time peeling and dicing a squash. :smile: That's what I was trying to avoid.

• nickssweetheart
    Options

You can save a LOT of time by simply peeling and slicing / dicing before you throw it in the oven to roast.

Yes, but then I spend that time peeling and dicing a squash. :smile: That's what I was trying to avoid.

How? Its not different than slicing and dicing after its all cooked lol

It actually is. It is so tender that I can just slice into rounds and eat with a fork. I can even eat the peel. Takes 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes to peel and hack into a butternut squash.