RoxieDawn wrote: »
    csbnga wrote: »
    Spoons work better

Never underestimate the plastic spork

Why isn't there a Spife?

wait

aqhtw0ay89bm.jpg

Well, that's what I get for being lazy and not googling. Why isn't this more a thing? And I was thinking of the serrations being on the side of the spoon bowl.

vs51cgfoosr1.jpg

or

ah6hevicc23n.jpg

My life is changed.

Makes me wonder what else would make our lives so much easier?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    My my, who knew that using a fork on a food would net so many sorta-judgmental responses! :D

Both my son and I use forks for pizza. We also use forks for wings, BBQ and chili dogs. If we are at home, it entirely depends on the pizza. However, if in public, I tend to use a fork. It's a manners thing as well as "I don't want my hands coated in pizza grease and sauce".

If that gets me labeled as high maintenance, then so be it. :)
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Spoons work better

Why isn't there a Spife?

wait

aqhtw0ay89bm.jpg

Well, that's what I get for being lazy and not googling. Why isn't this more a thing? And I was thinking of the serrations being on the side of the spoon bowl.

vs51cgfoosr1.jpg

or

ah6hevicc23n.jpg

My life is changed.

Well, if we have that, we might as well have a fork/knife too
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Spoons work better

Why isn't there a Spife?

wait

aqhtw0ay89bm.jpg

vs51cgfoosr1.jpg

or

ah6hevicc23n.jpg

My life is changed.

Well, if we have that, we might as well have a fork/knife too

Let me google that for ya.

evtvk4t01n5o.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    um2iggqxit1u.jpg

Specialized spork, more forking.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I grew up in France and we always ate pizza with a fork. Plus that way it's easier to eat the best piece last (the center).
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    I think if someone I knew ate pizza with a fork in front of me it would lead me to ask them why? Not that it's wrong, but it is customary to eat pizza with your hands.....just like you would pick up a cheeseburger with your hands (considering it was on a bun for all you dieters not watching carbs) to eat it. It's a valid question to find out the psychology behind eating a finger food with a utensils....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    wow
  • bojack3
    On the flip side, would you ask why if someone ate something with their hands that customarily was eaten with utensils? If somebody just scooped up a handful of pasta and ate it, or mashed potatoes.....would that lead to questions?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    @cee134 - Why must you start these controversial threads??? Are you trying to start mayhem??
  • bojack3
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I think if someone I knew ate pizza with a fork in front of me it would lead me to ask them why? Not that it's wrong, but it is customary to eat pizza with your hands.....just like you would pick up a cheeseburger with your hands (considering it was on a bun for all you dieters not watching carbs) to eat it. It's a valid question to find out the psychology behind eating a finger food with a utensils....

There is no psychology behind it. If it’s too hot to hold, I use a fork.

Well then you would have answered the question I would have asked if I saw you eating pizza with a fork.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    If she is going on a date tell her to pick that pizza up and cram in into her face and make a mess of her face.
    If he calls her back then maybe he truly does like her and wants to get to know her more. Never set the bar so high. :D:p
  • bojack3
    bojack3 wrote: »
    On the flip side, would you ask why if someone ate something with their hands that customarily was eaten with utensils? If somebody just scooped up a handful of pasta and ate it, or mashed potatoes.....would that lead to questions?

Well mostly people just look at me funny.

Is that just a general statement?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    PIZZA ETIQUETTE

Table manners for eating pizza served as an appetizer. As an appetizer with cocktails, a small wedge of pizza is eaten with the fingers.

Table manners for eating pizza served at a table. Large pieces of pizza served at a table require the use of a fork. If in doubt, watch the host and follow suit.

Table manners for eating pizza served at a business meal. Eat pizza with a fork if it is the main course at a business meal.

Table manners for eating pizza served at a family meal. At a family meal, eat pizza with your fingers or a fork.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Any thin crust, no fork needed. I kinda giggle when people say I only use a fork when it is hot, like cutting off a bite with a fork and eating it makes it cooler. Just wait a minute for it to cool, pick it up and have at it! Mangia tutti!

That said, I make full exception for deep dish pizza. My favorite place, Oregano's, is more than fork worthy. <3 Though, I do still pick it up to eat it once it is closer to the crust.

oreganos_deep_dish.jpg
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    I almost always start off with a fork because it's too hot. Then end with picking it up when it cools. :) She will be fine either way.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2018
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I kinda giggle when people say I only use a fork when it is hot, like cutting off a bite with a fork and eating it makes it cooler.
    I almost always start off with a fork because it's too hot. Then end with picking it up when it cools. :) She will be fine either way.

@Timshel_ makes a good point. How does the fork help with hot pizza?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    @cee134 - Why must you start these controversial threads??? Are you trying to start mayhem??

Mayhem? Mayham... May Ham..... Ham.... Bacon. I feel like @UrBaconMeCr8zy would be proud of how I talk about bacon instead of answering your question @pudgy1977