Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was suppose to rest today but I got 2 mile run in today. My legs are still running.

Hope everyone had a great sunday!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just back from a weekend camping trip on the ocean. Was a great time. It was really difficult to stay in my calories but I DID IT!!! I did it because of the challenge. If not for this challenge, I would have said two days off were okay, but thankfully, I did not. THANKS TEAM! It was an active weekend but I made sure to add extra activity for the extra alcohol calories.

Did a lot of dancing in the sand Saturday night. Yikes is that hard. My thighs are killing me today. Not to mention that at 11PM I was outside the showers waiting for my children to be done, getting in my lunge/squats. Boy would I feel silly if anybody came by.

So, week two looks serious! Oh my! As for my miles, I can only commit to 4-5 extra. This is going to be a crazy week for me. My kids go back to school so it is going to interfere with my routine all week. I have to take my son to registration before work tomorrow, so will have to get my run in at lunch time so that is shorter than my usual morning walk. My daughters registration is in the evening so no time then. Then they start Wed, so waiting for late busses Wed, Thurs, & Fri could certainly interfere, not to mention the crazy supply gathering, book covering, form filling in the evenings. Yikes. I am tired already!

I guess I have to start thinkg about a recipe. Will it be to the general forum or will we have a thread?
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just sent all my info over. I hate water retention. UGH. Next week will be better since I won't have a party on Saturday night.
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It is with a very sad face that I have to report Team Skinny is down 5 members.

amberluvsjohn
    ChristB
    kbrunk
    Kimkimba
    mswank16

I really feel badly about ousting people from the team, but as your captain, I feel it is only right to give you the best possible chance of winning this competition. When team members don't weigh-in, that hurts our percentage and the overall team. This team is about weight loss, yes, but it's also about supporting each other on this journey to a healthy and fit lifestyle. Challenging each other to be the best person we can be. I feel like when you don't participate in the forum and then don't weigh in, you aren't being the best team member you could be.

I know several other teams are going through the same thing right now, and this is the only fair way.

To keep our number up, I will be adding 5 members to our team. (if you have anyone you would like to add, please send me an in-box message, i'd like to add people we know before opening up publicly)

Please friend our new members & show them a warm welcome to the best team in the challenge.......TEAM SKINNY!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey mommaski4, great job sticking to it this weekend! What a teammate! ;-) I bet dancing in the sand burned a ton of calories, too!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Please welcome our newest member!

[link]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/heofon[/link]

He's Kellie's husband (u2fergus)

4 spots left! I'd love to have it be our friends so ask around!

~CaP'n
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Hey guys! Finished the exercise challenge for the day and I did 2 of my 10 miles today. (Lots of sweat for those 2 miles!) Now all I have to do is drink 4 more cups of water and stay within my calories. Easy since I'm at home! :) We have tons of low calorie food here.
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can do at least 8 miles this week!

Where do we post our recipes?
  • tagrady
    Options
    MY RECIPE:

(a favorite from the weight watchers site)

Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 20 mins Servings: 8
    About This Recipe

"A "zero points" recipe I got at a Weight Watchers meeting last nite. I am going to make it later tonite, but couldn't wait to share it with you. You could use other spices to your liking, as well."

Ingredients
    1 head cauliflower
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder ( to taste)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    cooking spray

Directions
    Preheat oven to 400*. Cut cauliflower into florets and place in a bowl. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and toss well to coat. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread cauliflower on sheet and bake until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring once during baking. Makes about 8 - 1/2 cup servings at zero points.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 (74 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving:
    Calories 19.7
    Fat 0.2g
    Cholesterol 0.0mg 0%
    Sugars 1.4 g
    Sodium 170.4mg 7%
    Total Carbohydrate 3.8g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
    Sugars 1.4 g 5%
    Protein 1.4g 2%
  • mommaski4
    Options
    My recipe is a new recipe in my kitchen but a quick favorite and so easy.

Fiesta Lime Chicken

1 lb boneless chicken breast
    1 cup Margaritaville margarita mix (but you don't consume it all - just for marinate so I only used 4 ounces when calculating calories)
    1 cup salsa (adding more does not add many calories)
    Kraft 2% Four cheese mexican blend finely shredded cheese

Marinate the chicken breast in the margarita mix for at least half an hour. Remove to baking sheet. Cover with 1/4 cup (or more) of salsa per breast. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to plates and sprinkle with 1/8 cup of the cheese while the chicken is still hot.

Makes 4 servings.
    Each serving:
    Calories: 269
    Fat: 7
    Protein: 38
    Sodium: 1,072 (but using a lower sodium salsa will greatly reduce that. Majority of the sodium in the salsa, closely followed by chicken breast)
    Fiber: 2
    Carbs: 4
  • mommaski4
    Options
    I have a friend, Sharesb, who would like to join.
  • brihare
    brihare Posts: 7
    Options
    I am going to go for putting in 20 miles this week for us. I may do more depending on how much motivation I have but we have a gym at work and I can run on my breaks (I assume treadmill/elliptical is acceptable?).
  • mommaski4
    Options
    It is with a very sad face that I have to report Team Skinny is down 5 members.

amberluvsjohn
    ChristB
    kbrunk
    Kimkimba
    mswank16

I really feel badly about ousting people from the team, but as your captain, I feel it is only right to give you the best possible chance of winning this competition. When team members don't weigh-in, that hurts our percentage and the overall team. This team is about weight loss, yes, but it's also about supporting each other on this journey to a healthy and fit lifestyle. Challenging each other to be the best person we can be. I feel like when you don't participate in the forum and then don't weigh in, you aren't being the best team member you could be.

I know several other teams are going through the same thing right now, and this is the only fair way.

To keep our number up, I will be adding 5 members to our team. (if you have anyone you would like to add, please send me an in-box message, i'd like to add people we know before opening up publicly)

Please friend our new members & show them a warm welcome to the best team in the challenge.......TEAM SKINNY!

It is always sad to see someone slide away. Hoping everybody looks at this as a new lifestyle, not a quick diet.

Anyway, I have two of my active online friends that would like to join us. I think they are both good candidates for this team. 'Sharesb' and 'Jenny_fur'. Let me know.
  • mommaski4
    Options
    I am going to go for putting in 20 miles this week for us. I may do more depending on how much motivation I have but we have a gym at work and I can run on my breaks (I assume treadmill/elliptical is acceptable?).

Hi there! Welcome to the team!
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello Team,

Glad to join you and hopefully contribute to the success of the team as well as my own health. You guys are all doing so well. I enjoy reading your posts. This site is very encouraging. I hope I can inspire someone as well.

Add me! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/heofon

Here's one of my favorite recipes:

Blueberry Buckle

2/3 cup steel-cut oats
    1/2 cup fresh blueberries
    1 Tbsp. slivered almonds
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 cup water
    Optional: Honey, stevia, or raw sugar (to taste)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a small glass baking dish. Mix well. Bake for 20 minutes. (Or you can microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes.) Allow to cool slightly before serving. Makes 2 servings.

Preparation Time: 40 minutes (including mixing, baking, and cooling)

Nutritional Information (per serving, without optional sweetener)

Calories - 153
    Protein - 5g
    Fiber - 5g
    Carbs - 26g
    Fat Total - 5g
    Saturated Fat - < 1 gram
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Hello Team,

Glad to join you and hopefully contribute to the success of the team as well as my own health. You guys are all doing so well. I enjoy reading your posts. This site is very encouraging. I hope I can inspire someone as well.

Add me! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/heofon

Welcome to Team Gimme the Skinny, John! :) Glad to have you in the challenge! :flowerforyou:
  • jenny_fur
    Options
    HEYYY Ya'll~!

Fresh meat here! :bigsmile:

Looking forward to working out with you!!

Feel free to add me to your friends!

XOX
    Jennifer
  • calition
    calition Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am not a runner but I did a mile today. I will try to do an extra mile each day. aaaaack!

so that's 5 miles for me sorry I can't commit to more.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Welcome NEW SKINNYs
    Glad to have you on board!

checking in for the day:

under calories
    drank all my water
    challenge squat kicks complete and
    bonus challenge extra 2 miles walked

LUNCH Recipe:

"GIMME THE SKINNY MEDITERRANEAN WRAP"

(my version of a falafel)

Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wraps, 1wrap
    1/2 Roma Tomato
    1Tbs. Organic Hummus
    Cucumber - Raw, With Peel, 8 slices
    Morning Star - Garden Veggie Patties, 1 patty

Spread Hummus on wrap fill with chopped cucumber and tomato and sliced veggie burger. Roll to wrap.

Calories: 225
    Carbs: 22 grams
    Fat: 8 grams
    Protein: 19 grams

OR to lower calories for a quick snack leave off the veggie burger and add 2TBS of Hummus....still very yummy (this is typically my pre-workout snack)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    HEYYY Ya'll~!

Fresh meat here! :bigsmile:

Looking forward to working out with you!!

Feel free to add me to your friends!

XOX
    Jennifer

Welcome to the team!! :)