Does anyone else suffer from mental health issues depression, anxiety,etc and trying to lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Bipolar with mad anxiety here. When I’m not too down I lift weights. The bad thing is that I know that for me exercise will help to pull me out of my black cloudy pit. But when I’m in my pit, I couldn’t be bothered and I’m too scared of everything else to even attempt to lift weights in public. So it’s like a cycle that gets worse. I’ve just climbed out of my pit after a 6 month long down period. Time to get back into it. But not too hard cause I am terrified of triggering off a manic episode Sending hugs everyone :smile:
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    @missjazminenicole I find stimulants trigger me. But if you find one that works for you without triggering you, can you let me know??? I’d love to give it a go
  • jenniferc933
    jenniferc933 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've just had to go back on my medication to get me out of my black cloud. It's so hard to do anything, housework etc much less feel like exercise when I'm in the black cloud. The medication is starting to take effect now, not fully yet but feeling a bit more energetic. It's good to know that I'm normal when I read everything you all say on this blog and like Karen_can_d, I also send hugs to you all.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    'mixed' personality disorder (lol), ocd, and anxiety here...just muddling along. you aren't alone. if you search the groups, there are some for people with psych issues who are losing weight (I think one is called The Mixed Nuts? haha). they aren't very active, but I figured it would be useful to some people here.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Recently diagnosed Bipolar II and now weight loss feels like a foreign language almost. Was down 60. Now hovering between 45-50 lost. I want to lose another 20lbs. Things now have to be based around what's best for my mental health (sleeping and resting when in hypomania, abstaining from caffeine) I love working out and I like to use pre-workout. Has anyone been able to remain stable and still use pre-workout/stimulant products at the gym?

I can basically handle a cup of coffee beforehand, but anything else puts me at risk of a panic attack (and all the other wonderful symptoms that come with anxiety). Might be worth discussing with a doc whether you can try the pre-workout at something like 1/4 of the usual dose, and work from there...?
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    anxiety and depression here. I work in my house, and run outside when I can. Just changed my medications last month again, so hopefully that helps. When I'm eating healthy, getting out in the sun, and exercising, my symptoms are not that bad. This past six months have been horrible for me.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Need help and motivation for weight loss but suffer from some mental health issues that keep me from staying motivated does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me

This is right up my alley today ... as I am in a rotten mood today ... so rotten I don't even want to be around myself but alas, I have to put up with me.