What do folks here think of the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home program?

Options
Have you used it successfully in your weight loss and fitness program?

Replies

• Psalm1139
    Psalm1139 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used it in addition to lots of regular walking and a few other random videos when I lost about 15lbs a couple years ago. I liked it because it was easy enough for me to do the whole video with no breaks. I'm not using it this time because it isn't a very efficient calorie burner, I've been doing Blogilates, and it's more entertaining and burns calories faster.
  • 69HealthyMe
    69HealthyMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love throwing in one of her video workouts now and then. Usually it’s in the winter when I don’t want to go out to the gym.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I haven't used them myself, but as a long-time lurker, I've seen them recommended quite often.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I used to use them regularly in the winter when I didn't want to go outside. I had a dvd with one, two, three and four mile 'walks', so there was a choice depending on time and mood. They are very easy to follow. My legs were sometimes a bit sore the next day, more so than from a regular walk, because of the high knees and kicks.
  • brookekaczor
    brookekaczor Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have used her DVD's for 9 years and have found them effective. I'm presently using her 5 mile workout and her strength training circuit DVD.
  • MyrnaSolganick
    MyrnaSolganick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Can folks here who use her DVD's make some recs for me? I only have 2 that I feel challenge me. The rest are pretty easy.
  • Izzyj2015
    Izzyj2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use her YouTube videos. I am training for a marathon but use her videos on days when I just need to move more. I think they great for rainy days. Also good with hand weights.
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I own five of her dvds now but only really like the five boosted miles. I do it several times a week along with the biggest loser four mile power walk. I really take advantage of the music only option though cos I find her quite annoying on my more cranky days.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Can folks here who use her DVD's make some recs for me? I only have 2 that I feel challenge me. The rest are pretty easy.

I get the highest calorie burns from the following workouts:

- 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    - 3 Mile Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms
    - Walk Slim - 4 Fast Miles
    - Punch Up Your Walk (4 miles)
    - Just Walk: 5 Mega Miles
    - 5 Boosted Miles
    - 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk

Other times I would do an entire workout at once, for example Walk Off Fat Fast which has a total of 6 miles.

Also I do other things on my own like using a medium-strength resistance band and target my chest/back and bi's & tri's. Or I'd use 3 or 5 lbs hand weights and/or incorporate my own intervals.

These all add intensity and extra calorie burn. Plus it keeps me from getting bored.
  • Krissy_Renae
    Krissy_Renae Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I still do her workouts! I started with her dvds and with change in eating habits, dropped 60lbs easily. I am able to do more challenging workouts now because of her programs. I have about 6 of her dvds but she has several on YouTube that I bring up and do since I don't own them/they aren't available on dvd.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just found her workout videos the other day and asked the same question. I'm doing the 3 mile walk one. Haven't made it to 3 miles yet but I can do 2. She's fun and the workout is pretty hard. I started doing them because I don't want to go out to the gym right now when it's so cold.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love her dvds. I've been doing the walk into the new year that's posted on youtube. If I don't feel like getting up and moving I'll put a dvd in and my kids will do it along with me.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options

Hello. 5 Boosted Miles is a good one. A really old one that is a challenge is WATP for the Abs the 3 mile walk. The 4 Mile Super Challenge, another older one is a good one.

There's a group here on MFP for Leslie fans, if anyone's interested. It's called Leslie Sansone Walk at Home.
  • alcc23
    alcc23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just got her Miracle Miles set with 5 walking dvds 1-5 miles and the 1 mile dvd includes 3 strength workouts. Also includes a band and a recommended schedule to follow
  • ree2lose
    ree2lose Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have at least 10 of her dvds, love them. Especially when I don’t feel like working out I just pop in a 2 mile and at least I got a workout in for the day.
  • paganrose22
    paganrose22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love her I do her DVDs daily
  • MyrnaSolganick
    MyrnaSolganick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    alcc23 wrote: »
    I just got her Miracle Miles set with 5 walking dvds 1-5 miles and the 1 mile dvd includes 3 strength workouts. Also includes a band and a recommended schedule to follow

Good to know!
  • ginique
    ginique Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's videos! I like to do the walks that incorporate the hand weights for strength training. Sadly, I think she's about to retire because in one of her latest videos, she introduced her new walk leaders.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    ginique wrote: »
    I love Leslie Sansone's videos! I like to do the walks that incorporate the hand weights for strength training. Sadly, I think she's about to retire because in one of her latest videos, she introduced her new walk leaders.

I've wondered about this too. :'(